Whoa: Nearly a Third of Democrats Believe the Election Was Stolen From Trump

pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Whoa: Nearly a Third of Democrats Believe the Election Was Stolen From Trump

Post by pmward » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:25 am

MangoMan wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:56 pm
pmward wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:42 pm
SomeDude wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:38 pm
vnatale wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:30 pm

I had one of those type people in my house last week. Voted for Trump in 2016. No way would vote for him in 2020.

Vinny
My boss' wife did that in AZ, so I give him hell for that every day. I flipped my wife over from Hillary, and so did another gal I work with since she got married and has kids and more income.

Ultimately this comes down to a few key states and what happened in them. Odd that Ohio would go crushingly for Trump, and MI/PA wouldn't. Very odd that FL would be a relatively easy win, where Trump was supposedly down in the polls, and he'd lose GA where he was supposedly polling up.

Very odd indeed :o

I wouldn't put the popcorn down just yet.
As someone who grew up in MI... I can tell you it is not odd at all that MI and OH went different ways. The two states hate each other. MI historically is also a blue state, and OH is historically a red state.

I currently live in AZ, and I can tell you that there has been a big shift here over the last 4 years. A lot of moderate Republicans did turn on Trump. A lot of young people that never voted before came out with extreme enthusiasm (if you ask me, it's the young people voting in a higher percentage than normal that won the election for Biden). We also have had a pretty big migration of people from CA over the last 4 years, as a cost of living arbitrage play. So yeah, AZ, especially in all the big cities save Scottsdale (Phoenix, Tempe, Tucson, and Flagstaff) have turned very enthusiastically blue in the last few years.
I continue to fail to understand this phenomenon. The reason these idiots are fleeing CA (and NY & IL for that matter) is because they voted in a bunch of pro-tax big-spend progressives. Now they are abandoning the mess they created by moving away, but then vote the same stupid way that made their previous environment unlivable. Is it that complicated that they don't get it?
To counter this... isn't this how a "free market" works? When price gets too high, demand gets low, and then there is a period of adaptation, shake out, and change until eventually demand comes back online. There is more to the expense of CA than just policies as well (though I don't want to dismiss the fact that they keep spending over budget), but there is the weather, the ocean, and tons of high paying tech jobs. Those that aren't in those high paying jobs would get squeezed out regardless of policy. At least this is another angle to look at things at. There is never only 1 simple reason why something is happening.

Also, in the CA to AZ arbitrage, one must remember AZ has invested a lot in aggressively bringing tech jobs to the state. There is a lot of tech talent here, at a much lower cost than the silicon valley. COVID has helped speed this up, as many tech companies are allowing people to work from home permanently, and they now can move somewhere lower cost. I've seen people in my companies silicon valley offices move to lower cost of living areas now that we are all working from home.
pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Whoa: Nearly a Third of Democrats Believe the Election Was Stolen From Trump

Post by pmward » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:36 am

glennds wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:55 pm
I closely watched what happened here in AZ in the weeks/months leading up to election day. It's a very simple story of two different strategies, one of which turned out to be more effective than the other in the end.

The Trump campaign basically held rallies and events held by Don Jr., Pence, and Trump himself. These rallies were attended by people who were already devoted supporters.

The Biden campaign held very few events, but instead deployed an extensive network of grass roots community level volunteers who came in from all over the country to work a Get Out The Vote initiative, targeting young demographic areas, minority communities, Native American reservations, and other demographics that historically have had lower voter turnout. A big part of their initiative was helping first time voters register. I bumped into their people at the front entry of a large Asian grocery store where I go for special items every so often. They had a table set up for helping people register. This was maybe two months before the election.
A friend of mine came to AZ for three weeks from the East Coast to volunteer with the Biden campaign for this effort. She speaks Mandarin so they assigned her to the Asian American demographic target areas. She told me the instructions were not even to push Biden/Harris, just try to promote high voter turnout. Some volunteers worked farmer's markets, others worked the Hispanic community. There were hundreds of volunteers involved in this effort at the community level. It was painstaking and conducted without much fanfare.

So long story short, from what I can see Trump did a good job reinforcing the base he already had.
Biden broadened his voter base on the thesis that incremental new voters would fall his way and it looks like they did.
I think this was also part of the Stacey Abrams effort in Georgia where it is claimed she helped register over 800,000 new voters.

This is not to promote or bash either candidate. I'm just sharing the campaign strategies I saw deployed on the ground in AZ.
Yes I witnessed this as well in AZ. I also heard the same thing you mentioned about using a similar strategy in GA, simply just trying to get as many people to vote. It was a super effective strategy. As a generalization, "conservatives" already vote at extremely high percentages. "Liberals" on the other hand vote in much lower percentages. So if you just get as many people to vote as possible, regardless of who they vote for, in the end it will shake out to more Democrat votes. There are more "liberals" in this country than "conservatives" population wise by a long shot. It only seems close to even because "liberals" aren't as committed to voting.

I wonder how this dynamic will change as the generations progress. The younger generations are basically all in "liberal", and the older generations tend to skew very highly "conservative". Will the younger generations convert more "conservative" as they get older? Or is "conservatism" as we currently know it basically in it's last 10-20 years of it's life?
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:24 pm

pmward wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:36 am

I wonder how this dynamic will change as the generations progress. The younger generations are basically all in "liberal", and the older generations tend to skew very highly "conservative". Will the younger generations convert more "conservative" as they get older? Or is "conservatism" as we currently know it basically in it's last 10-20 years of it's life?
It's very possible.
It's hard to deny that demographic is changing, not only younger voters, but also the changing % of minority black, brown, AAPI, and other minorities.

The question is whether change can come about in a temperature controlled, evolutionary way, or does it have to be an existential showdown?
MLK cautioned his fellow civil rights leaders that the movement needed to take the form of a marathon, and to resist the urge to sprint, for this very reason.
Are we back to philosophy pmward?
pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pmward » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:29 pm

glennds wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:24 pm
pmward wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:36 am

It's very possible.
It's hard to deny that demographic is changing, not only younger voters, but also the changing % of minority black, brown, AAPI, and other minorities.

The question is whether change can come about in a temperature controlled, evolutionary way, or does it have to be an existential showdown?
MLK cautioned his fellow civil rights leaders that the movement needed to take the form of a marathon, and to resist the urge to sprint, for this very reason.
Are we back to philosophy pmward?
Haha of course we are back to philosophy (it's hard to talk politics without considering philosophy; philosophy is a pre-requisite of politics, imo). I would agree with MLK. Most major change happens slowly over decades, as each generation (and its biases and ideas) die off and another generations evolving ideas come to the forefront. This is the path of least pain in transition because it is so slow, and most people don't live to see the rules of the game they have learned to play by get completely thrown out in their lifetime.
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:43 pm

Kbg wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:20 am
Interesting. Thanks for the post.
What's equally interesting is how unwilling so many are to drill down on the campaign strategies in the battleground states for clear clues as to what drove the outcome.

If your preferred candidate lost, it's too irresistible to believe that there had to be fraud. But when you drill into it, there is plain evidence that one campaign simply outboxed the other.
In hindsight, the same thing happened in 2016 but it was Trump's campaign outboxing Clinton's.
Yes I'm sure that there were a statistically meaningless number of fraudulent votes going both ways, like there are in every election, but in the broad sense, you can look at what I'm reporting happened in my home state of AZ and find the same pattern in the other battlegrounds.

Obama won 2008 mainly because David Axelrod ran a superb tactical campaign. Same for Bill Clinton in 1992 under James Carville's strategy not to mention the pure luck that Perot diluted the vote giving him an opening.

It's interesting that when our beloved sports team loses to an opposing team that ran a better strategy, we are disappointed but we accept it, even if our team was technically stronger. This is why coaches are important.
But in politics its seems to be harder to do the same.
Plus standards of sportsmanship usually will discourage the losing team from acting like a sore loser and alleging that the game was rigged, the refs were unfair, etc, etc.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:15 pm

glennds wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:43 pm

Obama won 2008 mainly because David Axelrod ran a superb tactical campaign.
And massive voting fraud. ahahah

Sorry, I couldn't resist!
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:44 pm

I don't know, between Trump and Biden I think Biden might actually have more marbles. T-bag is completely delusional.

Facing defeat after a string of court losses, Trump made a surprise call-in appearance at a Republican state legislature hearing in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, where he stated bluntly that “we have to turn the election over.”

“This election has to be turned around,” Trump asserted elsewhere in the speakerphone speech. “We won Pennsylvania by a lot, and we won all of these swing states by a lot.”
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:38 pm

doodle wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:44 pm
I don't know, between Trump and Biden I think Biden might actually have more marbles. T-bag is completely delusional.

T-bag and marbles in the same line doodle?
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:01 pm

Simonjester wrote:
glennds wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:38 pm
doodle wrote:

No TDS here... lol
Yeah, it's metastasized to every corner of my being. I'm stage 4 terminal for sure. I'm thinking of starting an entire anti-trump clothing line....what you think?
Simonjester wrote:
million dollar idea..
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:05 pm

doodle wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:01 pm

Simonjester wrote:
glennds wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:38 pm

doodle wrote:

No TDS here... lol

Yeah, it's metastasized to every corner of my being. I'm stage 4 terminal for sure. I'm thinking of starting an entire anti-trump clothing line....what you think?

Seems like a winning business to me with a documented 75 million potential customers!

Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:49 am

Just watched a video of a hearing today in PA. Data scientist or whoever showing the massive, unexplainable (other than by fraud according to him) sudden spikes in vote totals rather than a smooth increase over time.

The several spikes accounted for about 600k votes. 98% for Biden, 2% for Trump. The crowd gasped when they heard the evidence.

Sorry lefties. I don't think your champion is going to take office. The Americans aren't going to stand for this.

That one video has 1.3M views as of right now.

I suspect soon more than half of dems will admit the election results are fraudulent. Only the hardcore TDS victims will be left in the minority (of the dems since they're already in the minority of the total voting public).

Even CNN and FOX won't be able to cover this up. Liberal judges can refuse to look at the evidence but the Supremes won't be able to hide from it.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:08 am

Sidney Powell has unleashed the Kraken on Michigan and Georgia. Georgia is especially sweet because the defendant will be Republican traitor governor Kemp. No one is safe from the Kraken!

I had assessed Biden as a 10% chance of taking office. Observing the zeal with which the good guys are taking the fight to them, the appearance that Trump will not be giving up until victory, and the fact that Trump won by such a landslide that the fraud cannot be concealed by any means.......... I put kneepads Harris and Biden's (aka the big guy) chances at 5% now.

Poor Jimmy Kimmel will have another 4 years to cry about all the racist Hispanic and black voters who came out for Trump and against their own people, hah!

That Sidney Powell is a Kraken releasing mofo.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:13 am

Links please
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:25 am

Okay after doing a little digging I'd like to make a bet with you. Since Bidens chances are now 5%...the kraken being released and all. If Trump takes office I'll send you 100. If Biden wins you send me $1000.
pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pmward » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:40 am

SomeDude wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:49 am
Just watched a video of a hearing today in PA. Data scientist or whoever showing the massive, unexplainable (other than by fraud according to him) sudden spikes in vote totals rather than a smooth increase over time.

The several spikes accounted for about 600k votes. 98% for Biden, 2% for Trump. The crowd gasped when they heard the evidence.

Sorry lefties. I don't think your champion is going to take office. The Americans aren't going to stand for this.

That one video has 1.3M views as of right now.

I suspect soon more than half of dems will admit the election results are fraudulent. Only the hardcore TDS victims will be left in the minority (of the dems since they're already in the minority of the total voting public).

Even CNN and FOX won't be able to cover this up. Liberal judges can refuse to look at the evidence but the Supremes won't be able to hide from it.
Sorry, but some YouTubers opinion is not admissible in court as evidence. The amount of views on YouTube is not admissible in court as evidence. What CNN and Fox say is not admissible in court as evidence. Even "right" leaning judges have stated lack of evidence in all claims. So, once again, until you can bring forth proof that is admissible in a court of law, all you're providing here is "lies, damned lies, and statistics".

The gullibility of the "right" is just ridiculous these days. You guys are so easy to manipulate. Just because someone claims they are an expert does not make it so. Just because someone knows how to publish a video to YouTube or an article online does not make them an expert. Just because something is on the internet does not make it true. It's both appalling and scary that I actually have to state this stuff here...
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:08 am

doodle wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:25 am
Okay after doing a little digging I'd like to make a bet with you. Since Bidens chances are now 5%...the kraken being released and all. If Trump takes office I'll send you 100. If Biden wins you send me $1000.
Ok That's 10 to 1 odds which technically are better than i give kneepads and the big guy but........

A betting line is where the supply and demand between the bettors meet.

I'm sure you think biden has a much greater chance than Trump of being inaugurated so a fair bet would meet art the halfway point between us.

What do you think the likelihood is Trump gets the election win due to fraud knocking Biden out?
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:19 am

pmward wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:40 am
The gullibility of the "right" is just ridiculous these days. You guys are so easy to manipulate.
Hmmmm sorta like believing sleepy Joe who didn't campaign, didn't win the nomination, had huge swaths of the Bernie brigades saying they wouldn't vote for him, having no positions on anything other than higher taxes and more lockdowns, being a human gaffe reel, being a swamp creature and having his corruption revealed yet somehow is the most popular candidate ever???

Excuse me, the most popular candidate ever just in the dem cities of key states after 4AM on election night and the counting had been suspended with Trump miles ahead?

You have to be the world's greatest coincidence theorist to think creepy kid sniffing Joe won. Even a third of dems think it was fraud Soon that number will be the total population of dens minus the hardcore TDS victims. I have not estimated yet what that number is.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:14 am

SomeDude wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:19 am
pmward wrote:
The gullibility of the "right" is just ridiculous these days. You guys are so easy to manipulate.
Hmmmm sorta like believing sleepy Joe who didn't campaign, didn't win the nomination, had huge swaths of the Bernie brigades saying they wouldn't vote for him, having no positions on anything other than higher taxes and more lockdowns, being a human gaffe reel, being a swamp creature and having his corruption revealed yet somehow is the most popular candidate ever???

Excuse me, the most popular candidate ever just in the dem cities of key states after 4AM on election night and the counting had been suspended with Trump miles ahead?

You have to be the world's greatest coincidence theorist to think creepy kid sniffing Joe won. Even a third of dems think it was fraud Soon that number will be the total population of dens minus the hardcore TDS victims. I have not estimated yet what that number is.
Hey, that was pretty good. You rolled up almost everything bad about Biden in three paragraphs. You missed Hunter's laptop. Happy Thanksgiving!
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:18 am

Twitter is blocking links to the news about Powell’s court filings.
These Orwellian creeps are getting on my nerves.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:28 am

I Shrugged wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:18 am
Do they block people talking about the loch mess monster? See there is no need to block lies because everyone can see them. They never blocked russia collusion. They're blocking facts because they don't like them.

Lefties, any theory why Twitter would block info about a lawsuit where a Republican governor is the defendant?

They are in panic mode. I'm afraid it's going to get much worse for them. Imagine when they block Trump's inauguration.
pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pmward » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:55 am

SomeDude wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:19 am
pmward wrote:

All baseless claims. Bring proof or GTFO, you look silly. I'm embarrassed for you seeing you pass off this meaningless opinion as if it is fact.
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:04 am

SomeDude wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:28 am
I Shrugged wrote:
Do they block people talking about the loch mess monster? See there is no need to block lies because everyone can see them. They never blocked russia collusion. They're blocking facts because they don't like them.

Lefties, any theory why Twitter would block info about a lawsuit where a Republican governor is the defendant?

They are in panic mode. I'm afraid it's going to get much worse for them. Imagine when they block Trump's inauguration.
I don't know if I'm a Lefty, and I don't know why Twitter is blocking anything.
But for anyone else curious enough to want to look into the eyes of the Kraken, you can see Powell the beast's full Complaint here: https://defendingtherepublic.org/wp-con ... 5.2020.pdf

It looks like the evidence (at this stage) is mainly affidavits of people attesting to improper activity they observed like placing ballots for Donald Trump in the Joe Biden stack. That plus lots of allegations about the Dominion software with roots back to Hugo Chavez. What will be interesting is to see if it has any more legs that the other lawsuits, enough to make it through the court system at least to the point of evidentiary hearings. Maybe we'll know next week?
If the court tosses it, will Trump supporters conclude the court is rigged, or accept the legal outcome?
And if Powell wins, same question to the Biden supporters...

No faith in the election process and no faith in the court system either? If it walks like a banana republic and quacks like a banana republic....
Either way, if half the country is in that state of mind, it's not a good sign.
pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pmward » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:17 am

glennds wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:04 am
SomeDude wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:28 am
I Shrugged wrote:

I don't know if I'm a Lefty, and I don't know why Twitter is blocking anything.
But for anyone else curious enough to want to look into the eyes of the Kraken, you can see Powell the beast's full Complaint here: https://defendingtherepublic.org/wp-con ... 5.2020.pdf

It looks like the evidence (at this stage) is mainly affidavits of people attesting to improper activity they observed like placing ballots for Donald Trump in the Joe Biden stack. That plus lots of allegations about the Dominion software with roots back to Hugo Chavez. What will be interesting is to see if it has any more legs that the other lawsuits, enough to make it through the court system at least to the point of evidentiary hearings. Maybe we'll know next week?
If the court tosses it, will Trump supporters conclude the court is rigged, or accept the legal outcome?
And if Powell wins, same question to the Biden supporters...

No faith in the election process and no faith in the court system either? If it walks like a banana republic and quacks like a banana republic....
Either way, if half the country is in that state of mind, it's not a good sign.
Of course the courts would also have to be in on it! I mean Trump could never actually lie about anything. He is the gold standard of truth. The "deep state" has effected not only all the polling locations, state elections boards, equipment used to count votes, and election workers... it's also infected the entire judiciary system. Even the "Republican" judges, election workers, etc are really just RINO's that are in on it. Literally every democrat, half the republicans, every judge, every state legislature, every state election board, etc are all in on this gigantic organized coup just to screw Trump. And somehow this massive conspiracy that now entails like 75% of the population of the country somehow has no real evidence to date of fraud? They are all obviously lying. Damn the "deep state", damn the "liberals", damn the "states". They are all rigged. It's so unfair. Wah wah wah.
pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pmward » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:33 am

Also, anyone who could possibly think the lowest rated, most unpopular, and most divisive president in modern history could somehow fail to be re-elected is obviously stage 4 TDS!!! And let's not forget while we are at it, that even though we say that half of the population has TDS, that there is no way that half of the population would vote for anybody other than Trump! Blasphemy! All votes that are not Trump are fraud and they all should be thrown out! While we are at it, we need to throw out the 2 term limit so we can have Trump forever!!!
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:47 am

The scary thing is everything you said is believed to a great extent by millions.

Twitter, never had an account, or if I did it was just a test. For how long, without any pushback, has it been Trump’s soapbox? Worked fine until they started putting the little notes on the tweets.

This forum fills my need for hearing the right and left sides. I don’t need to make a Parler account!