Whoa: Nearly a Third of Democrats Believe the Election Was Stolen From Trump

doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Whoa: Nearly a Third of Democrats Believe the Election Was Stolen From Trump

Post by doodle » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:05 am

SomeDude wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:54 am
I'd give Biden less than a 10% chance of taking office. The fraud is so obvious, i don't think the Republican state legislatures in these battleground will not direct the electors to vote for him. I think it's more likely this doesn't even get to the Supreme court.

Sidney Powell is a beast.
I remember giving long bond yields about the same chance of going down further when they hit 4%....It was pretty obvious to me that we had massive inflation coming due to Ben Bernankes helicopter money. I'm still waiting for that...12 years later.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Whoa: Nearly a Third of Democrats Believe the Election Was Stolen From Trump

Post by doodle » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:25 am

Tucker doesn't seem so certain about Powell's evidence...

"After four years this might be the single most open-minded show on television,” said Carlson. “We literally do UFO segments. Not because we’re crazy. Or even a bit interested in the subject. But because there is evidence that UFOs are real and everyone lies about it. There’s evidence that a lot of things responsible people used to dismiss out of hand as ridiculous are in fact real.”

But not Sidney Powell’s claims apparently.

“We invited Sidney Powell on the show, we would have given her the whole hour. We would have given her the entire week, actually. … But she never sent us any evidence, despite a lot of requests, polite requests. Not a page. When we kept pressing, she got angry and told us to stop contacting her.”

“She never demonstrated that a single actual vote was moved illegitimately by software from one candidate to another. Not one.”
Ad Orientem
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Ad Orientem » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:55 pm

Quote of the day...
“Right now Trump is throwing rocks through windows, he is the political equivalent of a street rioter,” John Bolton
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:01 pm

SomeDude wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:54 am
I'd give Biden less than a 10% chance of taking office. The fraud is so obvious, i don't think the Republican state legislatures in these battleground will not direct the electors to vote for him. I think it's more likely this doesn't even get to the Supreme court.

Maybe she's a beast, but what exactly is her role?

Statement from the Trump campaign:
“Sidney Powell is practicing law on her own. She is not a member of the Trump Legal Team. She is also not a lawyer for the President in his personal capacity.”

- Rudy Giuliani, Attorney for President Trump, and Jenna Ellis, Trump Campaign Senior Legal Adviser and Attorney for President Trump
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/media/trum ... egal-team/

Apparently Sidney Powell says that this week she will be bringing forward a lawsuit in Georgia that she promises to be "biblical". But if she doesn't represent the Trump campaign or Trump himself, then I do not understand on whose behalf she would be bringing the lawsuit. Maybe biblical means it will be a Hail Mary.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:06 pm

She's a pretty respected former Fed prosecutor and private litigator. And she's made very inflammatory claims about Dominion, which interestingly they have not tried to rebut. If she doesn't have proof, I would think she will be ruined by them and their supporters.

It should be a compelling week. I don't think it would be hard to find a plaintiff or class, if the accusations are solid. I'm sure she has that covered.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:38 pm

I Shrugged wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:06 pm
She's a pretty respected former Fed prosecutor and private litigator. And she's made very inflammatory claims about Dominion, which interestingly they have not tried to rebut. If she doesn't have proof, I would think she will be ruined by them and their supporters.

It should be a compelling week. I don't think it would be hard to find a plaintiff or class, if the accusations are solid. I'm sure she has that covered.
And I'm sure when this falls flat we are going to move on, or will trumpsters take this fraud thing to the grave?
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:40 pm

I Shrugged wrote:

Given what you're saying her credentials, I wonder why the Trump campaign would be distancing itself from her. Maybe it has to do with the overvote fiasco where it was revealed that she was erroneously comparing Minnesota voter registrations to Michigan votes cast?

If she has the smoking gun she claims, then let's see it. If she does not, then I will be among those who say it's time for her and the rest of the fraud allegation drama to go away because we all have more important things to do.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:42 pm

glennds wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:40 pm
I Shrugged wrote:

Given what you're saying her credentials, I wonder why the Trump campaign would be distancing itself from her. Maybe it has to do with the overvote fiasco where it was revealed that she was erroneously comparing Minnesota voter registrations to Michigan votes cast?

If she has the smoking gun she claims, then let's see it. If she does not, then I will be among those who say it's time for her and the rest of the fraud allegation drama to go away because we all have more important things to do.
She's hardcore QAnon...maybe her lawsuit will simultaneously uncover the globalist deepstate lizard cabal of child blood drinking pedophiliacs!
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:43 pm

I think this video provides something of a blueprint for understanding the allegations. Yeah, it's 50 minutes long. Only because he shows several examples of the same highly suspicious pattern. You can watch the first 15 minutes and then skip ahead. One interesting note is the lack of prime numbers in the individual vote count lines. When do you not get primes? When your numbers are the results of some multiplication instead of being counts of votes. Anyway, the skeptics should spend a few minutes here before deciding whether or not something big happened in the vote tabulations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOKFZeZ ... e=emb_logo
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:52 pm

I'll watch it but, but my hunch is she is going to get tossed out of court. From what I've seen she has allegations...no evidence. She claims, the computers could have been hacked...okay, but again has no evidence. The lady believes in democratic child sex slave blood drinking lizard people. Just like Giuliani, I think she is suffering from some late life delusions.
Ad Orientem
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Ad Orientem » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:58 pm

There is an unbelievable amount of bovine fertilizer coming from the fever swamps of the internet. I have no interest in any of it. What I am interested in is what transpires in court. That is where the rubber will meet the road. So far Trump and his surrogates have been almost invariably laughed out of court. Last night was an exception. The judge was not laughing. This judge, a member of the conservative Federalist Society, all but accused Trump's lawyers of lying to the court and attempting to disenfranchise an entire state. His opinion has been described as scathing.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:01 pm

Holy shit...I tried watching the first ten minutes. I couldn't....so I did some fact checking from AP. The video implicates Dominion....however Dominion not even involved in Philly elections. Horseshit again it seems.

"CLAIM: Video provides data-supported evidence that the election technology firm Dominion Voting Systems committed election fraud by transferring vote ratios between precincts in Philadelphia.

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. Dominion technology isn’t used in Philadelphia’s elections, so the company had no part in tabulating votes there. Despite a flurry of false claims about election results in battleground states like Pennsylvania, there’s no evidence of widespread fraud or irregularities in the 2020 election.

THE FACTS: A video claiming to be a “smoking gun” exposing Dominion’s election fraud in Philadelphia is easily debunked: Pennsylvania’s largest city doesn’t even use Dominion software in its elections.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:04 pm

Yes, Christie is calling it a national embarrassment....yet the believers still believing. Its religious at this point.
Ad Orientem
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Ad Orientem » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:05 pm

I prefer the term cultish.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:35 pm

2016 campaign clearly stolen from Hillary!

From the book I finished tonight...there is far, far more in the book. All reveals how despicable many on the right are and how gullible are many of their supporters.

Vinny

Alexandra Krylova and Anna Vladislavovna Bogacheva learned about purple states, which sometimes vote for the “red” GOP and sometimes go for “blue” Democrats, on a coast-to-coast tour of America in the spring of 2014. For two young Russians with eager minds, this business trip must have been the adventure of a lifetime. They visited nine states, from California to New York, recording and absorbing all they could about American politics. Before they flew home, they dumped the burner phones they had bought for secret communication.

After they returned to Saint Petersburg, Krylova and Bogacheva reported to their office at the Internet Research Agency, which occupied a blocky four-story building at 55 Savushkina Street. The IRA, which employees also called the Factory, was established by an ally of Vladimir Putin named Yevgeny V. Prigozhin. Once imprisoned for robbery and prostitution, Prigozhin had grown immensely wealthy thanks to government contracts awarded to his main businesses, Concord Management and Consulting and Concord Catering. These entities oversaw the Factory, which was staffed by bright young Russians who were paid well for work that depended on their creative skills. The purpose of this work, which involved flooding YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter with posts, wasn’t always obvious, but the perspective was clear from the start. As one writer named Alexei would recall, he was hired after he was asked to write a persuasive essay about a conspiracy theory, first described in a novel, that imagined an American-led Cold War campaign to destroy Soviet society. This dark fantasy had been revived after the collapse of the Soviet Union and was so widely known that anyone with skill could spin a story about it on command.1

Dozens of Alexeis awaited Krylova and Bogacheva, who spilled out the knowledge they had acquired and began to organize a big new initiative called Project Translator. Eventually staffed by ninety people, the goal, according to an internal memo, was to disrupt American politics by spreading “distrust toward the candidates and the political system in general.” Soon, the place was humming, twenty-four hours a day, with the production of blog posts, video, tweets, and commentaries. Project Translator writers worked under thousands of false American identities and created online groups with names such as “secured borders” and “Blacktivist” and “Army of Jesus.” Others at the Internet Research Agency focused on Russian society, building up Vladimir Putin and stoking outrage about the United States. One typical domestic post invented the “news” that Americans were obsessed with a new video game with a slavery theme. This narrative would have been familiar to anyone who knew about the propaganda produced by the KGB during the Soviet era. Racism in America was a favorite topic for the Soviets, who used it to counter criticism of their country’s suppression of civil rights.2

Although creating general political mayhem was its original purpose, Project Translator soon calibrated its efforts to damage Hillary Clinton’s chance in the 2016 elections. Some fake influencers like Blacktivist were tuned to discourage those who might support Clinton from getting involved in her campaign or even voting. “No Lives Matter To Hillary Clinton. Only Votes Matter To Hillary Clinton,” announced one Blacktivist post. Others boosted her main rival for the Democratic Party’s nomination, Vermont senator Bernie Sanders. However, the biggest volume of material was designed to spread false information about Clinton in a way that would sway fence-sitting voters against and amplify the antagonism of those who already detested her. A Russian poster called Being Patriotic wrote, for example, “Hillary Clinton is the co-author of Obama’s anti-police and anti-Constitutional propaganda!”

Functionally equivalent to an online marketing campaign for a political candidate or party, Project Translator used corny graphics and flawed grammar to mimic the kind of messages that might be posted by motivated American citizens. This fake authenticity, projected by thousands of fake personalities, would prompt more than thirty million people to share the dispatches from the Factory with their online friends. The Russians also seized on new issues as they arose, sending out posts that boosted the efforts of the many well-funded and freelance antagonists who had made it their mission to attack Hillary Clinton. Books like the prolific Ed Klein’s latest harangue, Unlikeable, proliferated as various writers and their financial backers sought to create a thematic foundation for other forms of media—like the Mercer-funded CNS News, Fox News, and Breitbart, as well as conservative newcomers like the website the Independent Journal Review. Typical of IJR.com was an item titled “13 Extremely Vulgar Comments That Came Out of the Mouth of Hillary Clinton,” which included material from discredited sources in arguing that Hillary Clinton was a profane shrew. Its author, Kyle Becker, has studied Russian and Russian literature and was an alumnus of the right-wing Heritage Foundation’s youth leadership program. He would eventually be suspended for fabricating a conspiracy theory story about Barack Obama but would move on to Fox News, where he would work as a producer.3

Many new online operations like IJR.com, which sprang to life as the election neared, functioned without the old-fashioned regard for the fact-checking and fairness that were still practiced by the mainstream media. This was natural given that many were created by political activists and not journalists. The fact that they rejected the old rules was what lent them greater credibility among readers and viewers who had been persuaded that the mainstream media—often expressed as “the MSM”—where fact-checkers and lawyers were employed to keep journalists honest, was corrupt and unreliable. The key to their success was providing reinforcement of preexisting bias—in this case, “Hillary Clinton is awful”—with provocative snippets that kept people coming back for more. This clickbait produced revenue from advertisers who paid every time someone opened a new web page.4

The publication of a book was a news event in and of itself, especially if it offered juicy bits that could be flung at eager readers and viewers like chicken feed scattered in a yard. The fact that these items came packaged in hardcovers lent them extra respectability, and if the anecdotes, quotes, and arguments were especially provocative, editors and producers clamored to pay for excerpts or to trade lavish displays on their websites or programs. Authors received advertising that leveraged whatever goodwill came under the banner of a Breitbart or Fox. Viewers, readers, and listeners whose appetites were whetted by a promise of what a book might reveal were more likely to part with the $29.99, the going rate for a hardcover, to get more.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:14 pm

Ad Orientem wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:58 pm
... So far Trump and his surrogates have been almost invariably laughed out of court. Last night was an exception. The judge was not laughing. This judge, a member of the conservative Federalist Society, all but accused Trump's lawyers of lying to the court and attempting to disenfranchise an entire state. His opinion has been described as scathing.
You know what this means don't you?
The courts are rigged.
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:18 pm

vnatale wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:35 pm
2016 campaign clearly stolen from Hillary!

From the book I finished tonight...there is far, far more in the book. All reveals how despicable many on the right are and how gullible are many of their supporters.

Vinny

Vinny,
Is the book Hiding In Plain Sight by Sarah Kendzior?
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:24 pm

Libertarian666 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:15 am

Just block the lunatics and it will look as it did before.
I've looked around but i don't see how to do that. Can you give me a quick tip please? It's necessary on every forum to not feed the trolls. Thanks
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:07 am

Twitter critics went into overdrive on Sunday after the Trump campaign distanced itself from lawyer and conspiracy theorist Sidney Powell, just days after she appeared front and center at a press conference hosted by President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani and his campaign’s legal team.

“Sidney Powell is practicing law on her own,” Giuliani and campaign lawyer Jenna Ellis said in a statement. “She is not a member of the Trump Legal Team. She is also not a lawyer for the President in his personal capacity.”
This dude coming on the forum and immediately asking how to ignore people. Lol
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:54 am

Simonjester wrote:
doodle wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:07 am
This dude coming on the forum and immediately asking how to ignore people. Lol
no sudden dawning of self awareness regarding the type of posts that are driving people to find the block button? or awareness of how badly these type of posts have lowered the level of discourse?
Dude posts this...

I'd give Biden less than a 10% chance of taking office. The fraud is so obvious, i don't think the Republican state legislatures in these battleground states will direct the electors to vote for him. I think it's more likely this doesn't even get to the Supreme court.

What does he expect when he makes a claim like that? Sidney Powell is such a beast that Trump just walked away from her.

A large portion of the Republican party is presently engaged in process of attempting to overthrow our democratic process. They should be treated with disdain.

Love it or leave it...isn't that what they say?
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:21 am

Of course, our democratic process is flawed. There has been no evidence of fraud at the voting booths however. The scam has been in the making for years and is in plain sight. The perpetrator is our incredibly dysfunctional information systems which on both the left and the right have been peddling propaganda and misinformation for years. Propaganda so intense that North Korea probably is taking notes. Both sides eat it up.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:34 am

I thought this was a very good comment from another blog site:

"I'm shocked how fast the Trump crowd turned on Tucker Carlson. After years of being cited as perhaps the best host on TV, he is suddenly persona non grata for saying that Powell didn't want to provide any evidence on his show.

This illustrates how cult-like US politics (particularly in Trump's corner) has become. It's not enough to agree 98% of the time with someone, it needs to be TOTAL lockstep. Anything less makes you a Satanic communist. It's completely crazy!"
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:49 am

So is the right now eating itself too?
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:51 am

But, then...Giuliani and Trump Inc. walked away from Powell...so maybe they should be devoured as well. Maybe Trump isn't even Trump enough!
pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pmward » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:57 am

Cortopassi wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:34 am
I thought this was a very good comment from another blog site:

"I'm shocked how fast the Trump crowd turned on Tucker Carlson. After years of being cited as perhaps the best host on TV, he is suddenly persona non grata for saying that Powell didn't want to provide any evidence on his show.

This illustrates how cult-like US politics (particularly in Trump's corner) has become. It's not enough to agree 98% of the time with someone, it needs to be TOTAL lockstep. Anything less makes you a Satanic communist. It's completely crazy!"
Yeah I agree. It's pretty scary when having a differing opinion results in being shunned. See the debate in the other thread last week about "tyranny of the majority" as this is a fitting example happening within the Republican Party. I think this actually works against the Republican Party in the end. If they keep shunning their own, the very people they depend on for votes, casting anyone who isn't super far extreme right as "RINO's", and publicly shunning and rejecting them... how does this not wind up in fewer Republicans and Republican votes in the future? How does telling people they are not allowed to think for themselves and have to accept the leaders narrative 100% or be disowned attract new Republicans? All the moderate Republicans are basically being told they need to conform to the populist extreme or GTFO. A good chunk of those will take the GTFO option. This whole strategy just seems so short sighted. I feel like Trump is putting himself above his party. It's going to take a long time for the Republican Party to clean up the mess that Trump is leaving them with.