Whoa: Nearly a Third of Democrats Believe the Election Was Stolen From Trump

pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Whoa: Nearly a Third of Democrats Believe the Election Was Stolen From Trump

Post by pmward » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:40 pm

SomeDude wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:44 pm
pmward wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:48 am
While we are at it, since we are going to throw out all non-Trump votes and get rid of the 2 term limit... let's have Trump really "drain the swamp". I mean let's just get rid of the "deep state" entirely. Let's have Trump phone up every congressman, judge, governor, state and federal worker and say those magical two words... "you're fired!!!". All in on Trump, swamp drainer extraordinaire! Trump is the best, most caring, and most honest person in the world anyways. I mean Trump said himself that he was even greater than honest Abe! We have no need for lesser men to be involved in the process. All hail Supreme Leader Trump!!!!!
In all seriousness and all disagreements about facts and evidence aside, this is a real possibility I think exists. I'd put it at least at 5% chance Trump declares martial law and has people arrested.

Hypothetically let's say there was massive fraud and Trump is certainly aware of all the major details. Isn't he under a moral obligation to protect the country from this gang? How could he possibly turn power over to a group that committed fraud on a massive scale across the country, regardless of what the courts say. Wouldn't he be justified in rounding them up?
The obvious answer and what the actual evidence shows, is that there is no "group that committed fraud on a massive scale across the country". But he could pretend as if there is, so he can attempt a coup... and even if the coup fails, it still puts him in a position to benefit. He personally cannot lose from making baseless accusations. If the courts throw everything out, he will still walk away smelling like roses in the eyes of half the country. He will have more continued power over the Republican Party, and the thoughts of his devout worshipers than he would have if he had not made these baseless accusations. He has everything to gain and nothing to lose. "We The People" are the people that will actually lose from all this. We are all paying the price of admission for Trump to have continued power and influence in the future.
pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Whoa: Nearly a Third of Democrats Believe the Election Was Stolen From Trump

Post by pmward » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:50 pm

ac18646c27da80458e6ae0fc832cf7d8.png
ac18646c27da80458e6ae0fc832cf7d8.png (69.89 KiB) Viewed 2229 times
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:58 pm

For anyone interested in the technical comments on the Powell lawsuits from some in the legal community:

https://lawandcrime.com/2020-election/s ... -lawsuits/
pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pmward » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:13 pm

glennds wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:58 pm
For anyone interested in the technical comments on the Powell lawsuits from some in the legal community:

https://lawandcrime.com/2020-election/s ... -lawsuits/
A good point I had not even thought of...

"Affidavits of poll watchers making claims that would have been caught in the recount?"
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:37 pm

pmward wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:40 pm
The obvious answer and what the actual evidence shows, is that there is no "group that committed fraud on a massive scale across the country".
Fake news!

How could the evidence possibly show this? Data is still being collected and court cases are still being filed. You could have written that sentence to say that no evidence has been shown and it would have been more accurate but I don't know how you would even know that this is correct. Presumably those court cases involve the presentation of evidence.

The way you stated your assertion makes me think you would be a good hire at CNN or MSNBC.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:04 pm

Libertarian666 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:14 pm
It's obvious that all of those coordinated ballot dumps of thousands of ballots with only Biden marked, in the wee hours of November 4th all over the country, are a total coincidence!
Yes that's the most plausible explanation until a federal judge says otherwise. That's called evidence, when a judge has an opinion.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:14 pm

SomeDude wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:44 pm
pmward wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:48 am
While we are at it, since we are going to throw out all non-Trump votes and get rid of the 2 term limit... let's have Trump really "drain the swamp". I mean let's just get rid of the "deep state" entirely. Let's have Trump phone up every congressman, judge, governor, state and federal worker and say those magical two words... "you're fired!!!". All in on Trump, swamp drainer extraordinaire! Trump is the best, most caring, and most honest person in the world anyways. I mean Trump said himself that he was even greater than honest Abe! We have no need for lesser men to be involved in the process. All hail Supreme Leader Trump!!!!!
In all seriousness and all disagreements about facts and evidence aside, this is a real possibility I think exists. I'd put it at least at 5% chance Trump declares martial law and has people arrested.

Hypothetically let's say there was massive fraud and Trump is certainly aware of all the major details. Isn't he under a moral obligation to protect the country from this gang? How could he possibly turn power over to a group that committed fraud on a massive scale across the country, regardless of what the courts say. Wouldn't he be justified in rounding them up?
I think it would be historically poetic to set fire to Capitol building and create an American version of the Reichstag fire. I'm sure Der Trumper would love someone like you and tech in his new administration. Obedience and loyalty is really all that's required for the job. You could drive around and round up the anti american agitators....maybe put them on a train...send them away. After all, they hate apple pie and family. They are basically not human.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:19 pm

Screenshot_20201111-084539.png
Screenshot_20201111-084539.png (103.46 KiB) Viewed 2154 times
Tech, was there widespread fraud in the Iowa primaries in 2016, or was Trump just joking there? I have a hard time telling sometimes.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:37 am

Libertarian666 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:44 pm

I see where we are in the playbook for the "progressives" with regard to fraud in the election:

1. There's no fraud. It's impossible.
2. There's no evidence of fraud.
3. There's no evidence of fraud that is enough to overturn an election in any state.
4. There's no evidence of a group that committed fraud on a massive scale across the country.

I'm not sure what the next step is, but it should be a doozy!
5. There is evidence a group committed fraud in a massive scale across the country BUT they did it on behalf of the downtrodden and disenfranchised voters who for some reason didn't realize they needed to come out and vote against orange man bad for the good of the nation, nay the world.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:26 am

doodle wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:19 pm
Tech, was there widespread fraud in the Iowa primaries in 2016, or was Trump just joking there? I have a hard time telling sometimes.
I don't think it was widespread, as it's probably a lot harder to get Republicans to engage in fraud (I'm talking the rank and file people, not the politicians).

From what I remember though, right before the caucus Ted Cruz's campaign sent out notices saying Ben Carson had dropped out and endorsed Cruz. Ben had a lot of support and was polling in the top three maybe. At least this is what I remember.

So Trump was probably spot on here.