Re: Why Trump will be inaugurated in January

Post by Cortopassi » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:44 am

Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:48 am

1.5 hours of Rudy and friends?! I think not.

Good luck with this. I thought maybe your time off would have mellowed your position somewhat.
pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pmward » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:27 am

Proof or GTFO. Seriously. Court cases have gotten nowhere for lack of evidence. Neither Rudy nor any of Trumps lawyers have used the word "fraud" once in court. The only time they use the word "fraud" is outside of a legal setting, like social media, press conferences, etc where they cannot be prosecuted for perjury... Until there is real actual proof submitted to the courts, these claims can all be assumed to be baseless. Trumps strategy to give up the court battles and instead try to convince local legislatures to give him the electors even though he lost the election is in itself a desperate admission of defeat. He cannot win the legal battle, so he instead tries to subvert and manipulate the state governments to go against the will of their constituents. It's a desperate authoritarians last ditch and highly unlikely effort for a coup.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:51 am

Totally stupid to believe to in any election fraud.

It requires one to believe that ALL the election fraud was dedicated towards Trump losing. Yet those same fraudsters did NOTHING at all to stop Republicans winning positions in the House, the Senate, or all the state legislatures.

If you really believe that Trump lost this election due to election fraud then you need to take a deep look in the mirror and do a self-assessment of your grasp of basic logic and reality!

Vinny
Simonjester wrote:
Our system of government demands a constant distrust of government. if you don't believe they are ALL crooks (and capable willing and actively engaging in fraud on the people), it is likely your grasp of basic logic and reality that needs a assessment..
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
GT
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by GT » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:12 pm

vnatale wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:51 am

It requires one to believe that ALL the election fraud was dedicated towards Trump losing. Yet those same fraudsters did NOTHING at all to stop Republicans winning positions in the House, the Senate, or all the state legislatures.

If you really believe that Trump lost this election due to election fraud then you need to take a deep look in the mirror and do a self-assessment of your grasp of basic logic and reality!

Vinny
wow - I hadn't thought of it like that -

How did "Republicans winning positions in the House, the Senate, or all the state legislatures" not translate to Republican votes for Trump?

Republicans voted for Biden or left the President section blank as a nonvote for Trump?

I do want proof of the fraud - where is the smoking gun - or the IT guy with the data files to show the system was tampered with...
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:54 pm

pmward wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:27 am
Proof or GTFO. Seriously. Court cases have gotten nowhere for lack of evidence. Neither Rudy nor any of Trumps lawyers have used the word "fraud" once in court. The only time they use the word "fraud" is outside of a legal setting, like social media, press conferences, etc where they cannot be prosecuted for perjury... Until there is real actual proof submitted to the courts, these claims can all be assumed to be baseless.
I had not thought of it like that but you're right. Fraud is a defined legal term. In order to allege it in in a court of law you must provide some level of merit to the allegation. It can't just be "aspirational" or an alternative fact. Rule 11 of Civil Rules of Procedure comes to mind.

But you can say whatever you want to the public and the media because there are no rules.

Add into the mix the inexplicable phenomenon where most of Trump's base will devoutly believe anything he says in the total absence of evidence, and the complete suspension of critical thinking.
Last edited by glennds on Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pmward » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:59 pm

GT wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:12 pm
vnatale wrote:

Vinny

How did "Republicans winning positions in the House, the Senate, or all the state legislatures" not translate to Republican votes for Trump?

Republicans voted for Biden or left the President section blank as a nonvote for Trump?

I do want proof of the fraud - where is the smoking gun - or the IT guy with the data files to show the system was tampered with...
Flip side, why would the democrats "fraud" Trump out, but not "fraud" themselves into the house and senate. And why are the House and Senate races also not facing the same "fraud" accusations... even though they were on the very same ballots.

Common sense would say a lot of people wanted the polarizing Trump out of office, but wanted congress split to block some of Biden's policies.
pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pmward » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:02 pm

glennds wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:54 pm
pmward wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:27 am
Proof or GTFO. Seriously. Court cases have gotten nowhere for lack of evidence. Neither Rudy nor any of Trumps lawyers have used the word "fraud" once in court. The only time they use the word "fraud" is outside of a legal setting, like social media, press conferences, etc where they cannot be prosecuted for perjury... Until there is real actual proof submitted to the courts, these claims can all be assumed to be baseless.
I had not thought of it like that but you're right. Fraud is a defined legal term. In order to allege it in in a court of law you must provide some level of merit to the allegation. It can't just be "aspirational" or an alternative fact. Rule 11 of Civil Rules of Procedure comes to mind.

But you can say whatever you want to the public and the media because there are no rules.

And into the mix the inexplicable phenomenon where most of Trump's base will devoutly believe anything he says in the total absence of evidence, and the complete suspension of critical thinking.
Yes. This is the thing that most people don't think of. If there were "real proof" submitted and accepted as testimony in a court of law I would be saying something completely different. But not only have they not provided any proof, they also have not filed ANY fraud suits in court. They all have been suits about small procedural violations like "these 50 votes should be disqualified because they were accepted 10 minutes after the cutoff time", none of which are big enough to actually change anything, and most have been rejected by the courts. There is nothing about "fraud" in the courts.
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:17 pm

pmward wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:59 pm
GT wrote:
vnatale wrote:

Vinny

Flip side, why would the democrats "fraud" Trump out, but not "fraud" themselves into the house and senate. And why are the House and Senate races also not facing the same "fraud" accusations... even though they were on the very same ballots.

Common sense would say a lot of people wanted the polarizing Trump out of office, but wanted congress split to block some of Biden's policies.
Maybe the argument is not that the whole ballot is fraudulent. Just the one race where the voter chose Biden over Trump. The rest of the ballot is fine.
In other words what we're dealing with here is partially fraudulent ballots. To fix it what we need to do is surgically cut out the fraud like cancer, and leave the rest intact although it's possible some of the downballot Democrat votes might have been a bit of fraud too.

Or alternatively, maybe the Democrats are so good, what they did was fraud out Trump, but sacrifice the Senate and a bunch of House seats as a means of covering their tracks. That's Ocean's Eleven level fraud.
pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pmward » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:24 pm

glennds wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:17 pm
pmward wrote:
GT wrote:
vnatale wrote:

Vinny

Maybe the argument is not that the whole ballot is fraudulent. Just the one race where the voter chose Biden over Trump. The rest of the ballot is fine.
In other words what we're dealing with here is partially fraudulent ballots. To fix it what we need to do is surgically cut out the fraud like cancer, and leave the rest intact although it's possible some of the downballot Democrat votes might have been a bit of fraud too.

Or alternatively, maybe the Democrats are so good, what they did was fraud out Trump, but sacrifice the Senate and a bunch of House seats as a means of covering their tracks. That's Ocean's Eleven level fraud.
Hehehe
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:17 pm

The sound of a few dozen leftist journalists panicking in unison:

https://twitter.com/anonpatriotq/status ... 92065?s=20
moda0306
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by moda0306 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:41 pm

Surprised-not-surprised that this is the video Tech chose to lay out his case... with incoherent Giuliani lizard-bleeding from the ears looking like the psychopath that he is.

What clowns we've exposed some to be...
Ad Orientem
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Ad Orientem » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:02 pm

It is time to state something very plainly. Donald Trump is a liar. By which I mean he is a congenital liar. Some with more qualifications might call him a pathological liar. If Harry Truman were still alive, he'd just label Trump as a lying son of a bitch. I'm comfortable with any of those characterizations.

But however you choose to frame it, any claim of fact that might emanate from Donald Trump's mouth or Twitter feed should be treated as a presumptive lie until verified by an independent reliable source. That includes the correct time of day and the weather. Speaking of which, he has actually lied about the weather. He lies with an ease and frequency that most people would associate with breathing.

Never, in the 54 years of my life, did I expect to have to write such things about a sitting President of the United States. God save us.
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:38 pm

Ad Orientem wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:02 pm
It is time to state something very plainly. Donald Trump is a liar. By which I mean he is a congenital liar. Some with more qualifications might call him a pathological liar. If Harry Truman were still alive, he'd just label Trump as a lying son of a bitch. I'm comfortable with any of those characterizations.

But however you choose to frame it, any claim of fact that might emanate from Donald Trump's mouth or Twitter feed should be treated as a presumptive lie until verified by an independent reliable source. That includes the correct time of day and the weather. Speaking of which, he has actually lied about the weather. He lies with an ease and frequency that most people would associate with breathing.

Never, in the 54 years of my life, did I expect to have to write such things about a sitting President of the United States. God save us.

Ad Orientem,
Let's say your conclusions are 100% correct.
Then how does one reconcile that a little less than half the voters in the country do not see it. And some percentage of those, maybe half, go so far as to see him as quasi-messianic, hanging on his every word, easily recruited into his villianization of anyone who threatens him (media,former Presidents, Democrats and some Republicans, derided as RINOs)?

Is there a Jedi mind trick that works on some but not others?
Ad Orientem
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Ad Orientem » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:43 pm

glennds wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:38 pm
Ad Orientem wrote:

Ad Orientem,
Then how does one reconcile that a little less than half the voters in the country do not see it. And some percentage of those, maybe half, go so far as to see him as quasi-messianic, hanging on his every word, easily recruited into his villianization of anyone who threatens him (media,former Presidents, Democrats and some Republicans, derided as RINOs)?

See Demagogue...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demagogue
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:03 pm

Simonjester wrote:
vnatale wrote:

Vinny
Our system of government demands a constant distrust of government. if you don't believe they are ALL crooks (and capable willing and actively engaging in fraud on the people), it is likely your grasp of basic logic and reality that needs a assessment..

I repeat:

Furthermore...it requires belief that there was ZERO Republican voter fraud that does not cancel a substantial amount of Democratic voter fraud.

Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:06 pm

pmward wrote:
GT wrote:
vnatale wrote:

Vinny

Unfortunately, common sense and a Trump voter oftentimes do not belong in the same sentence.

Vinny
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:09 pm

glennds wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:17 pm

pmward wrote:

GT wrote:

vnatale wrote:

Vinny

As you well point out those arguing fraud require others WITH common sense to exhibit a tremendous amount of faith in the unexplainable!

Sorry. I cannot exhibit such faith that goes so counter to common sense.

I don't have the complete opposite of TDS.

Vinny
Simonjester wrote:
Have i got a bridge to sell you...

for the record republican blindly pro trump = idiot
left blindly anti Trump = idiot
left blindly pro Biden = idiot
republican blindly anti Biden = stopped clock (idiot but correct)
permanent-skeptic = realist..
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:12 pm

Ad Orientem wrote:

Thank you for so far more eloquently than I have been attempting to so.

He is sui generis when it comes to ALL prior presidents and ALL current and past politicians when it comes to telling lies. He is THE Babe Ruth of telling lies! No one comes close to his performance. Ever!!!

Vinny
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:13 pm

glennds wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:38 pm
Ad Orientem wrote:

Ad Orientem,

A ton of the "ends justify the means" rationalizations. Plus, the same as the responses I have received here. He is no worse than any other politicians.

Vinny
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:42 pm

Tech's return to the forum:

Even the legendary moda made a rare reappearance to take a swing at Tech. This is getting good...
moda0306
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by moda0306 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:49 pm

Tortoise wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:42 pm
Tech's return to the forum:

Even the legendary moda made a rare reappearance to take a swing at Tech. This is getting good...
I think he has me down as one of his TDS blockages. That said, calling out the emperor for having no clothes isn't to convince the emperor. It's to slap the agreeability off the faces of the public.

And while I can appreciate your meme game, I can think of many, many "guy comes back from the dead to fight" examples that would've worked better that my man Gandalf. That said, it's probably how tech sees himself, so I'm choosing to see it ironically in that light.

It's just hilarious and predictable that a guy who was dead-convinced that Trump would not only win, but win in a landslide, and just gets his ass handed to him, that it'd put the techs of the world into an apoplectic fraud-accusing barrage of bullsh!t. It's just another day in the non-stop derp-double-down of right-wing politics these days.

And I'm not even ruling out shady stuff in our voting systems. They're run by states, so to even know what we're talking about we'd need to analyze at least a half a dozen systems, and they have checks and balances that we largely don't understand and default to "the experts must know what they're doing" for the most part. I wouldn't put it past deep-state apparati to help rig these systems. If any genuinely socialist and/or genuinely (not Trump's garbled inconsistent shit) ant-war candidate grew traction, I think the systems of the "deep state" would work against them in serious ways. Similarly, a bombastic buffoon saying the quiet part loud about US empire, while not as damaging as someone who wants to disassemble the empire, is still way more risky than an establishment Dem like Biden.

Hillary, as insufferable a c*nt as she was, almost immediately conceded a far-closer election where she won the popular vote by a few million... could you imagine if the results had looked like they do now and she refused to concede what kind of psychotic shit the right would be, somewhat rightfully, be accusing her of right now?

It's just when your main spokespeople are self-serving shithead lawyers and demagogues it's hard to take any of this seriously. Trump and his shithead lackeys are the worst and most embarrassing form of every unique "value" they bring to the table.

Anti-war? Not-really... just randomly bouncing between threatening nuclear war with N Korea to sending love letters. Didn't start new wars, but expanded drone strikes significantly. Massively growing the military budget to boot.

Anti-financial elite? Only by acting like Derps. Still engaged in an utter massive bailout of Wall Street that almost nobody (including folks here) talked about. Mnuchin as Sec of Treasury. Constantly calling for lower Interest rates as we ride "the best economy ever." Huge tax cuts for the capital class while wage-income was all-but ignored and had tax hikes for many.

Owns the libs? Hey I can appreciate a good ridiculing of bad ideas, but it gets old fast, especially when its "pot-meet-kettle" shitheads like Trump insulting other shitheads... and doing so mostly clumsily and inconsistently. And we're talking about the head of the largest killing machine in the history of the world. I'd rather listen to a good comedian make fun of radical feminists and focus what I want a president to do on more pressing matters.

Anti-Deep State? Then call for the disbanding or reform of federal policing and spy agencies already. He just puts his shithead lackeys in there to do his bidding. That's not anti-deep state... it's just wanting your guys and your agenda to be doing the spying, killing and profiting.

They're what I've dubbed the "Derp State." (Moda original I promise). They'll go to war, ignore the law, lie, cheat, spy, genocide, ignore due process, profiteer, QE, bailout, scheme and ride on careerist establishment waves just like the more established deep state did/does, but they do so with a rampant incompetence & bombastity and that the CIA, FBI, Fed and even the most derpy policing agencies like ICE would know to avoid in years past, if only to allow their agencies to exist in the background with continued funding and influence no matter who wins.

Anyway... my stream of consciousness wasn't meant to be aimed at you. I know we probably disagree on a lot, but that's fine. Maybe if Tech turned off his juvenile Trump Devotion Symptom friend filter he can retort himself.
Ad Orientem
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Ad Orientem » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:52 pm

When it comes to Donald Trump, I'm reminded of the old adage that "if you can't see the con, then you're the mark." Trump is, and has always been, a conman.