How the legislatures can stop the stealing

pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: How the legislatures can stop the stealing

Post by pp4me »

Libertarian666 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:30 am The legislatures in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin should declare that Donald Trump has won the election in those states, based on all available evidence, and that they will be sending their Republican electors to the Electoral College.
I haven't looked into it but do those legislatures even have Republican majorities. If not, how is this even possible?
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds »

pp4me wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:35 pm
I haven't looked into it but do those legislatures even have Republican majorities. If not, how is this even possible?
It's not. Except in the context of a highly theoretical discussion or a work of science fiction.
One of the very last-ditch efforts Trump proponents have floated since Election Day has been that state legislatures should simply overrule the results of the presidential election in their states. This proposition is so radically un-American — so contrary to our basic national principles — that in a normal environment, it might simply be laughed off. But 2020 being what it is, the theory has made its way into the pro-Trump social media ecosystem, cloaked in a thin veneer of legalese.
Full article here: https://www.justsecurity.org/73274/no-s ... ular-vote/

As the article states in closing, if something like what Tech outlines were to happen, it is basically equivalent to States vetoing their citizens' votes. Or stated differently, disenfranchising all the voters of the state at once.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

glennds wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:16 pm
pp4me wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:35 pm
It's not. Except in the context of a highly theoretical discussion or a work of science fiction.
One of the very last-ditch efforts Trump proponents have floated since Election Day has been that state legislatures should simply overrule the results of the presidential election in their states. This proposition is so radically un-American — so contrary to our basic national principles — that in a normal environment, it might simply be laughed off. But 2020 being what it is, the theory has made its way into the pro-Trump social media ecosystem, cloaked in a thin veneer of legalese.
Full article here: https://www.justsecurity.org/73274/no-s ... ular-vote/

As the article states in closing, if something like what Tech outlines were to happen, it is basically equivalent to States vetoing their citizens' votes. Or stated differently, disenfranchising all the voters of the state at once.
It's possible and legal but highly unlikely.

Each of us did not vote for Biden or Trump (or...). We voted for the electors of that party to cast THEIR votes.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
buddtholomew
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by buddtholomew »

It’s over Tech...now you can regain your sanity.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi »

buddtholomew wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:47 am It’s over Tech...now you can regain your sanity.
Budd, with a political post!
buddtholomew
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by buddtholomew »

Seems as though a few networks are calling the Presidency for JB this morning.

I personally despise government politics and, following retirement, can look back on my career and state with certainty I hated office politics as well.

Too many get wrapped up in this idiocy and with a split presidency and senate we are all winners.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 »

buddtholomew wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:47 am It’s over Tech...now you can regain your sanity.
Nothing is over until all legal actions are finished.
That probably won't happen for several more weeks.
Just like in 2000.

But I'll certainly do one thing to aid my sanity: block you.
buddtholomew
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by buddtholomew »

No problem at all.
Take care and good luck.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

Libertarian666 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:44 am
Nothing is over until all legal actions are finished.
That probably won't happen for several more weeks.
Just like in 2000.

But I'll certainly do one thing to aid my sanity: block you.
Lolz!!!
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

Sorry, I'm going to try to be more civil towards techno.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

Techno, you are aware that what you are proposing would probably be the end of our country, right? From a practical perspective, no matter how much damage Joe Biden could do in four years it would pale in comparison to what would happen if what you are proposing came to pass.