The steal is on

ahhrunforthehills
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: The steal is on

Post by ahhrunforthehills »

vnatale wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:10 pm
ahhrunforthehills wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:48 pm I got really interested in this stuff a couple years ago. Specifically, I was researching the “dark triad” (Basically, the combination of disorders that make someone a serious danger to society).

What you really want to do is take the MMPI-2.

It is supposed to only be administered by a professional. So you technically cannot buy it. But, there is a place on the internet where you can take it for free, but I don’t want to post a link because it sounds like Pearson will serve a takedown request to this forum pretty quick. So just google “free MMPI-2”. Hint: The domain will end in blogspot.com

Warning: The test will NOT give you ANY good news about yourself. Unlike Myers Briggs (where you get to stroke your own ego), this test is all varying degrees of a bunch of mental disorders. I suspect the reason why a professional psychologist is supposed to administer it is because you will feel like killing yourself when you see the results.

Basically, at best it will tell you that you are neurotic. At worst... you will find out that those voices that tell you to eat your cat are not normal.
I just did a quick Bing search and there do not seem to be any obvious web sites to take it for free.

Vinny
GOOGLE: “free MMPI-2” (without quotes). Hint: The domain will end in blogspot.com. It will be a shady looking website.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

ahhrunforthehills wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:14 pm
vnatale wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:10 pm
ahhrunforthehills wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:48 pm I got really interested in this stuff a couple years ago. Specifically, I was researching the “dark triad” (Basically, the combination of disorders that make someone a serious danger to society).

What you really want to do is take the MMPI-2.

It is supposed to only be administered by a professional. So you technically cannot buy it. But, there is a place on the internet where you can take it for free, but I don’t want to post a link because it sounds like Pearson will serve a takedown request to this forum pretty quick. So just google “free MMPI-2”. Hint: The domain will end in blogspot.com

Warning: The test will NOT give you ANY good news about yourself. Unlike Myers Briggs (where you get to stroke your own ego), this test is all varying degrees of a bunch of mental disorders. I suspect the reason why a professional psychologist is supposed to administer it is because you will feel like killing yourself when you see the results.

Basically, at best it will tell you that you are neurotic. At worst... you will find out that those voices that tell you to eat your cat are not normal.
I just did a quick Bing search and there do not seem to be any obvious web sites to take it for free.

Vinny
GOOGLE: “free MMPI-2” (without quotes). Hint: The domain will end in blogspot.com. It will be a shady looking website.
That is what I did in Bing and that was the first place it brought me to. I see "Online Test for Students Free". But the web site does not seem obvious to navigate as to how to actually take the test.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
ahhrunforthehills
Executive Member
Executive Member

[post removed]
Last edited by ahhrunforthehills on Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
ahhrunforthehills
Executive Member
Executive Member

After taking it you will need to interpret the results. Google “How to interpret your own MMPI-2 results?”. The first link that ends in .blogspot.com should have what you need.
Last edited by ahhrunforthehills on Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy »

Mark Leavy wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:02 pm
vnatale wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:54 pm Somewhat related I'd read this one in 2014...

Snakes in Suits: When Psychopaths Go to Work

https://www.amazon.com/Snakes-in-Suits- ... l_huc_item

Vinny
Looks good! Just bought a copy. I always enjoy a good How To book :)
Okay. Read the book.

My biggest complaint is that the author starts from the assumption that the observed personality traits are a net negative.
I'm with Feynman here. Pseudoscience is bullshit.

Kudos to the author. He writes well and the book is engaging. Thank you, Vinny for the reference. A good read.

I don't think the mental health industry really understands the subtle difference between a serial killer, a scammer and a special ops operative. It is much like a eunuch describing the dangers of sex.

I'm not a fan of Manson or Ponzi, but I have met a lot of Rangers and Seals. They will help pick out a bike for a 3 year old and then do what they have to do in the morning. I think that there is a big difference, and yet they score the same on the tests. The tests are broken.

A lot of psychology today is based on what "should be in a perfect world". I think everything works better if you look at "what has worked for the last 10,000 years".

It is popular to denigrate human interactions that optimize one's own utility. I think that is short sighted. If you look at humans who use a long time horizon, then the utility optimization is the best solution - both the best local - and the best global optimization given a long enough time horizon.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Wow! 567 questions! Answered them all and got my results. But do not know how to interpret those results.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
ahhrunforthehills
Executive Member
Executive Member

vnatale wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:12 pm
Wow! 567 questions! Answered them all and got my results. But do not know how to interpret those results.

Vinny
As I mentioned earlier:

After taking it you will need to interpret the results. Google “How to interpret your own MMPI-2 results?”. The first link that ends in .blogspot.com should have what you need.
Last edited by ahhrunforthehills on Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy »

doodle wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:56 pm I would also say many on this board could fall under that designation...including our female members....although it's prevalence is higher in males I think. I'm pretty sure Tom is a sociopath...and Krieg I think has admitted as much...in the sense that he has admitted to not feeling emotion...which is a key indicator. It's not the worst thing in the world...I tend towards many of the traits myself although I am aware of that and try to counter those tendencies. I also think higher IQ is a general feature of sociopaths as well.
Doodle, this escalating tirade, which is fast becoming your own private insult fest, has gone on long enough. Get a rein on yourself.
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan »

Yes, doodle, calling out your fellow members for being sociopaths is a bit rude, don't you think?

Regardless, the real thing that's of interest now, much more so than the election or whatever, is what we're about to find out about Vinny's mental state. I'm on tenterhooks over here. Vinny, please keep us posted.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy »

The test ought to be particularly revealing with respect to the question [true or false], "I like mannish women."

The reliability index for the test must be freaking off the charts.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

Maddy wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:34 am
doodle wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:56 pm I would also say many on this board could fall under that designation...including our female members....although it's prevalence is higher in males I think. I'm pretty sure Tom is a sociopath...and Krieg I think has admitted as much...in the sense that he has admitted to not feeling emotion...which is a key indicator. It's not the worst thing in the world...I tend towards many of the traits myself although I am aware of that and try to counter those tendencies. I also think higher IQ is a general feature of sociopaths as well.
Doodle, this escalating tirade, which is fast becoming your own private insult fest, has gone on long enough. Get a rein on yourself.
Maddy, you should be addressing that concern to your president who is about to become fully mentally unhinged and unravel our democracy.

Secondly, you are coming off as awfully thin skinned here. I will withdraw my diagnosis as I'm not qualified to be making them...especially over a forum... but up to this point this forums members have felt qualified to make all sorts of mental diagnosis from Stage 4 TDS to senility to plain old idiocy and I'm sure I'm forgetting many others....that being the case I don't see how I have stretched things that far out of bounds. Besides, I mentioned that I possess some sociopathic tendencies myself so from my vantage point I don't view it as insulting or offensive. I'd add that one of the political rights biggest issues with the left is their attempt to shut down free speech by claiming it's offensive....so let's not go there.
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie »

You have to remember Maddy, that Doodle's definition of "sociopath" is "disagrees with Doodle's expressed political opinions." I'm more amused than offended, not to mention honored since agreeing with many of his statements would get me (rightly) labeled as a nut case.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi »

I am confident I can have a dinner and drinks with any of you and be cordial and even become friends. :D
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

I'd also add that all of us possess some pretty nasty demons inside of us when pushed to a certain point. We all contain the potential to do horrendous things. That's the lesson from Nazi Germany and why we need to be so careful. Those that possess the characteristics to oppose something like that are definitely the minority. Time and time again from crusades, to pogroms, to civil war, to cultural genocide the majority of humans have proven themselves to be a lot nastier than we would like to think of ourselves.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

vnatale wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:12 pm Wow! 567 questions! Answered them all and got my results. But do not know how to interpret those results.

Vinny
My fingernails are scraping on an old chalkboard while waiting with baited breath for the interpretation!!!! ;)
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

sophie wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:21 am
You have to remember Maddy, that Doodle's definition of "sociopath" is "disagrees with Doodle's expressed political opinions." I'm more amused than offended, not to mention honored since agreeing with many of his statements would get me (rightly) labeled as a nut case.
Ehhh..not quite. I'm mostly extrapolating from comments regarding peoples dismissal on the importance of honesty and lying, concern or empathy toward fellow man, and a few others.

Also, if you think Trump is mentally stable after everything we have seen you are definitely delusional.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

Mountaineer wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:31 am
vnatale wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:12 pm Wow! 567 questions! Answered them all and got my results. But do not know how to interpret those results.

Vinny
My fingernails are scraping on an old chalkboard while waiting with baited breath for the interpretation!!!! ;)
Personally I think Vinny is one of the most stable imperturbable individuals on this forum. Even in the face of personal attacks on his professional competence he remained calm. I wouldn't have any trouble sleeping on his sofa....some of you on the other hand, maybe with one eye open. Lol
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

Yeah and all that fraud comes from democrats. ::) Come on, Tom.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

Where's the evidence? I'm going to start to resent it if you make conjecture based on wild theories with no hard evidence....we've been through sharpiegate, fake images of ballot boxes being stuffed, you are grasping.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

That hatred toward biden equally virulent. Don't start raising my blood pressure again! My girlfriend going to get upset if I have to start cursing at my phone screen again!
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

Five stages of grief, Tom. It will pass.
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds »

Is it possible that election turnout was a record high and Biden simply won more votes?
End of story?

Could it be as simple as that?
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi »

Stealing the election. C'mon.

Again, the nationwide democratic masterminds just:

1) Happened to know all the polling was way over-rated for Biden and figured out they better print up a lot more fake ballots last minute to make up the difference! Whew, they did it just barely!
2) Happened to only want Biden to win, and let the down ballot democratic races lose?
3) Wanted to have a 3-5 day squeaker of a win to make it look, what, more valid? Well, that was stupid, just causes more allegations.

These Illuminati, New World Order people apparently just suck at the simple job of rigging an election? They should have gone to Belarus or Russia for training.

I do not understand how people can fall for this. It really worries me.

I am sure some level of fraud happens at some small level all over. But a coordinated nationwide, multi-state fraud? Is there anyone who actually believes that? Unfortunately, I know the answer.

And I still can't get over how Trump was bemoaning that he was winning on the 3rd and then slowly his leads got smaller and smaller. It's called counting the votes. Those mail in ballots that came mainly from democrats because Trump scared his people of mail in voting.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise »

Regardless of how widespread the voter fraud is on either side, I think the appropriate time to fight it was before Election Day, not afterwards. I.e., legally fight the new state rules/laws that opened the door to much more potential voter fraud.

The states that altered their election rules this year in a potentially illegal way (e.g., allowing votes to be counted for days or weeks after November 3rd) should have been federally sued, potentially all the way up to SCOTUS, before November 3rd. At the very least, the lawsuits in all of those states should have been set in motion well before November 3rd even if it wasn't possible to get rulings in time for the election. Instead, what I saw was largely just a Twitter campaign by Trump against mail-in voting.

By waiting until after the election to set all of these lawsuits in motion, Trump's team -- even if their intention is to ensure fairness and integrity -- is allowing more people to perceive their actions as an attempt to cheat.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me »

tomfoolery wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:32 pm If you guys think that fraud is not afoot in the election, you’re crazy. I’m not suggesting an Illuminati-level fraud. I’m referring to individuals who decide to vote twice, or vote for their dead/comatose grandmother, or vote in a state that’s a swing state even though they moved, etc.
This election is being compared to the 2000 election between Bush and Gore but I don't think it's all that applicable because it didn't involve allegations of fraud - just procedural issues that had to be decided by the Supreme Court. Unlike what we've been hearing of in Pennsylvania and other states, the counting of ballots was performed in a completely open and transparent way, with each side being able to inspect the "hanging chads" in real-time as they were being counted. If what they are saying is happening in Pennsylvania is true, then you have to ask yourself what reason there could possibly be for being secretive about counting ballots. I've tried to think of other explanations besides the most nefarious one but I haven't been able to.

A more apt comparison might be Nixon/Kennedy in 1960. In that case there was real voter fraud, mostly in Chicago, and you even had the mafia, along with the unions they controlled, in on it. It is said that Nixon knew all about this but decided not to contest the election, even though it was close, for the "good of the country". Knowing Tricky Dick, I think it may be more likely that a prolonged investigation would have revealed that Kennedy just cheated better than he did so Nixon preferred to concede and preserve his future viability.

Trump's willingness to pursue this all the way to the Supreme Court suggests to me that he isn't worried about fraud on his part.

As for conceding for "the good of the country", that's going to be a hard call for Trump to make, but I think at some point it may come to that. Not for one minute do I think the Harris/Biden administration is going to be good for the country, but an extended court battle decided by the Supreme Court with Amy Coney Barret casting the deciding vote might make an already explosive situation much worse than it already is. Sometimes you just have to accept your losses and regroup to fight again another day, unless you are ready for an all out war that neither side can ultimately win.