Victim of Violent Crime / Gun ownership / Age

I have been a victim of a violent crime and own a gun.
No votes
I have been a victim of a violent crime and do not own a gun.
8%
I have never been a victim of a violent crime and own a gun.
33%
I have never been a victim of a violent crime and do not own a gun
8%
My age - 30s
No votes
My age - 40s
8%
My age - 50s
17%
My age - 60s
17%
My age - 70s
8%
My age - 80s
No votes

Total votes: 12
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

In regards to violent crime, please use this definition:

"Definition In the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program, violent crime is composed of four offenses: murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault. Violent crimes are defined in the UCR Program as those offenses that involve force or threat of force."
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Victim of Violent Crime / Gun ownership / Age

Post by Tortoise »

Does robbery by the government via taxes count as violent crime? :P
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Tortoise wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:56 am Does robbery by the government via taxes count as violent crime? :P

NOT according to the FBI definition, Mr. Humor!

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
GT
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by GT »

vnatale wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:37 am In regards to violent crime, please use this definition:

"Definition In the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program, violent crime is composed of four offenses: murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault. Violent crimes are defined in the UCR Program as those offenses that involve force or threat of force."
Does being attacked by two Pitbull's count as aggravated assault - Really want to know before I vote
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

GT wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:40 pm
vnatale wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:37 am In regards to violent crime, please use this definition:

Does being attacked by two Pitbull's count as aggravated assault - Really want to know before I vote
I am not a lawyer. My guess would be it could be if it was done either at the direction of the owner(s) or due to negligence on their part. But in thinking more about it, maybe no, if either falls under civil law.

Vinny