Bill Kristol and Scott Horton Debate U.S. Interventionism

Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Bill Kristol and Scott Horton Debate U.S. Interventionism

Post by Kriegsspiel » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:33 pm

Bill Kristol and Scott Horton Debate U.S. Interventionism from 4 OCT 2021, via ReasonTV. Scott's response to Krystols red herring about girls in Afghanstan made me LOL, I had the same response when someone IRL asked me a question in a similar vein. Bill's responses were abysmal (especially everything he said about Afghanistan) and he comes across as a complete cunt. Scott overmatches him in pretty much every way.

Scott mentions Harry Browne at 51:30.

Not sure I agree with Scott that it doesn't matter to the American people "who rules Taiwan" (1:02:00). At least until America has an internal microchip production capability.

This question is timestamped for Hal. It's a question I've been meaning to ask you. Except I wouldn't have given it that timeframe.

Anyways, recommended.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
Hal
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Bill Kristol and Scott Horton Debate U.S. Interventionism

Post by Hal » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:06 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:33 pm
This question is timestamped for Hal. It's a question I've been meaning to ask you.
Good one! ;)

Well in Victoria the Parliament is suspended due to a "state of emergency". So if they suspend the election as well, yes, I would be more than happy if the US applied sanctions/political pressure.

Looks like some in the Police Force have had enough as well....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Kn6AFl5G1c

US citizens are fortunate they have the Bill of Rights. Nothing like that here.
Aussie GoldSmithPP - 25% PMGOLD, 75% VDCO
moda0306
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by moda0306 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:35 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:33 pm
Bill Kristol and Scott Horton Debate U.S. Interventionism from 4 OCT 2021, via ReasonTV. Scott's response to Krystols red herring about girls in Afghanstan made me LOL, I had the same response when someone IRL asked me a question in a similar vein. Bill's responses were abysmal (especially everything he said about Afghanistan) and he comes across as a complete cunt. Scott overmatches him in pretty much every way.

Scott mentions Harry Browne at 51:30.

Not sure I agree with Scott that it doesn't matter to the American people "who rules Taiwan" (1:02:00). At least until America has an internal microchip production capability.

This question is timestamped for Hal. It's a question I've been meaning to ask you. Except I wouldn't have given it that timeframe.

Anyways, recommended.
Scott's delivery leaves a little bit to be desired at times, although I've come to think his "aw shucks" clunky style makes him likable and disarming... but I can't think of anyone I'd rather NOT get into a debate against in hopes trying to defend US Imperialism generally, or Afghanistan, specifically.

Thanks for sharing this as I totally forgot this debate happened.

I'd also recommend any Iran hawks (or anyone, really) to dig up some of Scott's stuff on that topic.
StrategyDriven

Post by StrategyDriven » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:23 pm

Thought this was a really good debate, and a more professional delivery from Scott than his normal awe shucks...