Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Mlb partisanship

Post by pp4me » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:18 pm

vnatale wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:52 pm
Xan wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:49 pm
Vinny, can you explain why you think black people are too stupid to get free ID cards?
I'll be like Jesus and respond by answering a question with my own question.

Can you explain why Georgia needed a new set of laws when there were no documented consequential voting fraud but with these news laws creating the consequence of making it more difficult to vote?
Thinking past the sale. What provision of the law is going to make it more difficult to vote?
whatchamacallit
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by whatchamacallit » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:32 pm

pp4me wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:18 pm
vnatale wrote:
Xan wrote:
Vinny, can you explain why you think black people are too stupid to get free ID cards?

Can you explain why Georgia needed a new set of laws when there were no documented consequential voting fraud but with these news laws creating the consequence of making it more difficult to vote?
Thinking past the sale. What provision of the law is going to make it more difficult to vote?

With such the uproar, it does make you wonder what specific thing happened in the previous election that wouldn't still happen after the new law.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:56 pm

whatchamacallit wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:32 pm
pp4me wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:18 pm
vnatale wrote:
Xan wrote:

With such the uproar, it does make you wonder what specific thing happened in the previous election that wouldn't still happen after the new law.
Same thing happened in Florida after the Bush/Gore fiasco. After the spotlight was turned on the state, making the election process look like a giant cluster***k, changes were made to help insure it didn't happen again. Georgia is now doing the same thing.

No matter what they did, unfortunately, it was going to result in accusations of racism because that's just what people behind that narrative do and will always do no matter what. So F**k those people.
whatchamacallit
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by whatchamacallit » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:48 pm

All the reasons denver is better

https://youtu.be/Vv1XG1PgLkY
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:44 am

whatchamacallit wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:48 pm

That is brilliant!
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:02 pm

whatchamacallit wrote:

Listening to it now.

I have never had to show an idea to vote.

How about everyone else here?

Majority of the time you have voted you do or do not have to show an ID to vote.

They just ask my name and my street and number.

Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
whatchamacallit
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by whatchamacallit » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:47 pm

vnatale wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:02 pm
whatchamacallit wrote:

Listening to it now.

I have never had to show an idea to vote.

How about everyone else here?

Majority of the time you have voted you do or do not have to show an ID to vote.

They just ask my name and my street and number.
Interesting. Kind of makes you wonder if an election even happened where you voted. I am pretty sure I have always had to show an ID except for mail voting.

Seriously though. The biggest issue with the election was public credibility. That is all the Georgia law is trying to accomplish. Public credibility.

There isn't anything in the new law that would have changed the results. I guess it was just a Trump hatred train. It will be interesting to see if the emotions will be as high from the left in 2022.

What I would like is everyone to be given a receipt when they vote that has a unique non identifying code.

You can then go online and confirm your ballot was received as you submitted and also view other ballots in a way that won't identify whose it was.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:27 am

vnatale wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:02 pm

Yes, every time that I can remember, in three different states, I had to state my name and address, they looked it up in their records to verify, then I had to show ID - my driver's license - before going into the voting booth. I'm a bit fuzzy on the details from my early voting decades so I might be wrong on some of the details; I'm very sure about the last 30 years in my current state.
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:02 am

whatchamacallit wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:47 pm
What I would like is everyone to be given a receipt when they vote that has a unique non identifying code.

You can then go online and confirm your ballot was received as you submitted and also view other ballots in a way that won't identify whose it was.
I have been saying since 2000 that voting machines should work like cash registers used to. Ring up the sale and there are two paper tapes. One copy goes to the customer and one is internal for auditing purposes. With today's technology the data could also be stored digitally.

It all seems so simple.

And by the way, seems like I've had to show ID to vote for at least the last 20+ years (Indiana).
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:26 am

Related question is what are the range of times you have had to spend in the voting process? That is, from when you get out of your car to when you get back into your car during the voting process.

Me? It's generally been between 5 and 10 minutes.

I could not imagine spending an hour or hours waiting in line to vote. Particularly on a cold November day in Massachusetts!
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:16 pm

vnatale wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:26 am
Related question is what are the range of times you have had to spend in the voting process? That is, from when you get out of your car to when you get back into your car during the voting process.

Me? It's generally been between 5 and 10 minutes.

I could not imagine spending an hour or hours waiting in line to vote. Particularly on a cold November day in Massachusetts!
Same as you Vinny.
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.