Bitcoin giveaway! :)

A place to talk about speculative investing ideas for the optional Variable Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Post Reply
User avatar
Marc De Mesel
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:33 am
Location: Europe

Bitcoin giveaway! :)

Post by Marc De Mesel » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:01 am

I am having amazing returns with bitcoin and like to spread the love with you guys.

If you post your bitcoin address here I will send you some free bitcoin. (You can create a free wallet at blockchain.info. Do activate and install google's 2 factor authenticator app on your phone as to protect your account against hackers. Also upon creation of your account they will give you a backup code, do print out or pen down the backup code on a paper because if you forget your password or lose your phone, you will lose your bitcoins also! So that backup is very important. But be careful, do not have that backup on your computer or email as a hacker can steal it then, so never save it on your computer but immediately print out or pen down.)

I hope it's the start of your VP full of BTC, since it's the best speculation I have ever seen and may change the world as much as the internet did.
Last edited by Marc De Mesel on Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We think, the more people on earth, the less we each have. But it's exactly the opposite, the more people, the more resources we all have!" - Julian Simon, The Ultimate Resource 2
User avatar
Pointedstick
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 8697
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Bitcoin giveaway! :)

Post by Pointedstick » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:04 am

Wow, that's really amazingly nice of you, Marc!

Code: Select all

1J9kReEPQZSfB8ZzwNvxXamJ9S9YsRe3Ty
For anyone else interested, localbitcoins.com is an interesting way to buy and sell bitcoins. The other day there was someone buying bitcoins in exchange for Amazon gift cards at a very favorable exchange rate. He sold out fast. :)
Human behavior is economic behavior. The particulars may vary, but competition for limited resources remains a constant.
- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
HB Reader
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: Bitcoin giveaway! :)

Post by HB Reader » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:24 pm

Marc wrote: I am having amazing returns with bitcoin and like to spread the love with you guys.

If you post your bitcoin address here I will send you some free bitcoin. (You can create a free wallet at blockchain.info. Do activate and install google's 2 factor authenticator app on your phone as to protect your account against hackers.)

I hope it's the start of your VP full of BTC, since it's the best speculation I have ever seen and may change the world as much as the internet did.
My code is:  1JoKZqPZJBazvJq4MBaqjuXT3W5pxCewFi

That is really nice of you to share some (any) of your good fortune.

I have some btc in my VP and it has (percentage-wise) been the best speculation in which I've ever indulged.  It's really hard to say where it is headed, but I agree that it has the potential to be incredibly transformative.
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 510
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:04 am

Re: Bitcoin giveaway! :)

Post by flyingpylon » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:26 pm

Marc, thank you for your generosity!  I am somewhat fascinated with the potential of Bitcoin but have only committed "entertainment" funds to this point.

Here is my btc address: 1wACzhz8HUmW1GbNPajTSMJGh6ZcSGVr1

Also, thanks for your efforts to explore ways to improve upon the PP.  I don't feel qualified to post responses or challenge anyone's ideas, but I do enjoy reading the discussions.
Reub
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3158
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:44 pm

Re: Bitcoin giveaway! :)

Post by Reub » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:56 pm

Here is mine, Marc:

1ot2durorPj3oGTeYNJ4vWLi9U7dJP48f

Please send plenty of bitcoin(s). :)
User avatar
Marc De Mesel
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:33 am
Location: Europe

Re: Bitcoin giveaway! :)

Post by Marc De Mesel » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:29 pm

Reub wrote: Here is mine, Marc:

1ot2durorPj3oGTeYNJ4vWLi9U7dJP48f

Please send plenty of bitcoin(s). :)
There you go :)
"We think, the more people on earth, the less we each have. But it's exactly the opposite, the more people, the more resources we all have!" - Julian Simon, The Ultimate Resource 2
User avatar
Marc De Mesel
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:33 am
Location: Europe

Re: Bitcoin giveaway! :)

Post by Marc De Mesel » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:33 pm

flyingpylon wrote: Marc, thank you for your generosity!  I am somewhat fascinated with the potential of Bitcoin but have only committed "entertainment" funds to this point.

Here is my btc address: 1wACzhz8HUmW1GbNPajTSMJGh6ZcSGVr1

Also, thanks for your efforts to explore ways to improve upon the PP.  I don't feel qualified to post responses or challenge anyone's ideas, but I do enjoy reading the discussions.
BTC teleported :)

Nice to hear you enjoyed the discussion :)
"We think, the more people on earth, the less we each have. But it's exactly the opposite, the more people, the more resources we all have!" - Julian Simon, The Ultimate Resource 2
edsanville
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 220
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:36 am
Location: New Hampshire, United States

Re: Bitcoin giveaway! :)

Post by edsanville » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:36 pm

Hey Marc, here's my address:

19rHj9ignMy3SL28ZhM3sNmF8JVicniQcs

I was actually planning on buying a couple bitcoins last summer in a 50/50 rebalanced bitcoin/USD portfolio.  I was waiting for bitcoins to go a little lower though, and I missed the boat.  Looks like the boat left the harbor and is now out to sea without me :(.
User avatar
Marc De Mesel
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:33 am
Location: Europe

Re: Bitcoin giveaway! :)

Post by Marc De Mesel » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:38 pm

HB Reader wrote:
Marc wrote: I am having amazing returns with bitcoin and like to spread the love with you guys.

If you post your bitcoin address here I will send you some free bitcoin. (You can create a free wallet at blockchain.info. Do activate and install google's 2 factor authenticator app on your phone as to protect your account against hackers.)

I hope it's the start of your VP full of BTC, since it's the best speculation I have ever seen and may change the world as much as the internet did.
My code is:  1JoKZqPZJBazvJq4MBaqjuXT3W5pxCewFi

That is really nice of you to share some (any) of your good fortune.

I have some btc in my VP and it has (percentage-wise) been the best speculation in which I've ever indulged.  It's really hard to say where it is headed, but I agree that it has the potential to be incredibly transformative.
Send out :)

Yeah, it's gone be volatile, likely mostly to the upside ;)

Great to hear you invested also :)
Last edited by Marc De Mesel on Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We think, the more people on earth, the less we each have. But it's exactly the opposite, the more people, the more resources we all have!" - Julian Simon, The Ultimate Resource 2
User avatar
Marc De Mesel
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:33 am
Location: Europe

Re: Bitcoin giveaway! :)

Post by Marc De Mesel » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:51 pm

edsanville wrote: Hey Marc, here's my address:

19rHj9ignMy3SL28ZhM3sNmF8JVicniQcs

I was actually planning on buying a couple bitcoins last summer in a 50/50 rebalanced bitcoin/USD portfolio.  I was waiting for bitcoins to go a little lower though, and I missed the boat.  Looks like the boat left the harbor and is now out to sea without me :(.
I'm sorry, that really sucks when the price chases away from you :/

I think that the risk/reward is equally great today. Reward down, but risk as well.

Chances this fails is very low I think. But even if you give it 90% chance of failure it's still a bet worth taking since it will 1000 fold from here if it does succeed in becoming a mainstream currency. Albeit in this case only with a small part of your capital, according to the Kelly criterion if you make 10% chance to make a fortune betting 10% of the capital you are willing to risk is optimal.

Send you some love :)
Last edited by Marc De Mesel on Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We think, the more people on earth, the less we each have. But it's exactly the opposite, the more people, the more resources we all have!" - Julian Simon, The Ultimate Resource 2
User avatar
Marc De Mesel
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:33 am
Location: Europe

Re: Bitcoin giveaway! :)

Post by Marc De Mesel » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:15 pm

Pointedstick wrote: Wow, that's really amazingly nice of you, Marc!

Code: Select all

1J9kReEPQZSfB8ZzwNvxXamJ9S9YsRe3Ty
For anyone else interested, localbitcoins.com is an interesting way to buy and sell bitcoins. The other day there was someone buying bitcoins in exchange for Amazon gift cards at a very favorable exchange rate. He sold out fast. :)
There you go :)
"We think, the more people on earth, the less we each have. But it's exactly the opposite, the more people, the more resources we all have!" - Julian Simon, The Ultimate Resource 2
User avatar
Austen Heller
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:58 pm

Re: Bitcoin giveaway! :)

Post by Austen Heller » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:49 pm

Hi Marc,

Your enthusiasm for Bitcoins is infectious.  I have enjoyed hearing of your success with this one.  I am still a bit of a skeptic, but the more I learn, the more attractive this state-less currency appears.  I have taken your advice and set up a wallet; here's my address:

1LjR5CKXALxjE4AvMFV31z1omNNvUFk4fa

Thanks a lot!
Post Reply