Early Xmas break

A place to talk about speculative investing ideas for the optional Variable Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Clive

Early Xmas break

Post by Clive »

?
Last edited by Clive on Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Austen Heller
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Early Xmas break

Post by Austen Heller »

I got into the PP back in August 2009, and since then, I'm at around 27% annualized return (I made some lucky timing decisions along the way).  But even though the gains are good, I can't justify pulling the $ out of the PP and going to 100% cash...not right now, when the goal of most governments seems to be currency devaluation.  Heck, the PP could still double or triple from here if the governments really get going...
Pkg Man
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Early Xmas break

Post by Pkg Man »

I'm up about 6.5% since fully investing into the PP around 22 June.  The stock and gold portions are up almost equal amounts, with the LT and ST bonds treading water.  Interesting to watch the changes over time.  Initially it was the LT bonds that drove the return while stocks dropped.  Now that has mostly evaporated, being replaced by a good showing in stocks and gold.  But the peace of mind knowing that things could have turned have turned out differently does not make me regret diversifying out of a very stock-heavy portfolio.

Congrats on your success this year Clive.
"Machines are gonna fail...and the system's gonna fail"