Bitcoin First

A place to talk about speculative investing ideas for the optional Variable Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Jack Jones
Executive Member
Executive Member

Bitcoin First

Post by Jack Jones » Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:06 pm

https://www.fidelitydigitalassets.com/b ... -first.pdf

This is published by a subsidiary of Fidelity Investments.
Investors should hold two distinctly separate frameworks for considering investment in this digital
asset ecosystem. The first framework examines the inclusion of bitcoin as an emerging monetary
good, and the second considers the addition of other digital assets that exhibit venture capital-like
properties.
Sounds familiar O0
Jack Jones wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:51 pm
Also, regarding Bitcoin vs cryptocurrencies in general. My mental model of the cryptocurrency world is that Bitcoin is like gold, almost an unchangeable elemental commodity, and other cryptocurrencies are like individual stocks, being under development, having a leader, etc.

As such, I would never hold ethereum in a PP because there's no chance of it becoming the world's reserve currency. When Harry was unsure of the dollar's future, he held Swiss Francs, not duPont.
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Bitcoin First

Post by boglerdude » Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:36 pm

If Russia went big on bitcoin, what would the west do about it
gaddyslapper007

Post by gaddyslapper007 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:13 pm

If governments could ban/ control Bitcoin then it wouldn’t be a tool for freedom. (FYI, they know this ….prepare accordingly). Remember…..the world economy (governments) now compete for peoples wealth. Wealth is liquidious (with BTC) and will flow to the path of least resistance…countries will compete for your wealth within their borders.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:31 am

On right now and watchable any time you want once it is done.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?519559-3/ ... ation&live

APRIL 20, 2022 | PART OF WASHINGTON JOURNAL 04/20/2022
Washington Journal
Matthew Pines on Cryptocurrencies and Government Regulation
Matthew Pines from the Bitcoin Policy Institute talked about President Biden’s recent executive order regarding Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Jack Jones
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Jack Jones » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:05 am

gaddyslapper007 wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:13 pm
If governments could ban/ control Bitcoin then it wouldn’t be a tool for freedom. (FYI, they know this ….prepare accordingly). Remember…..the world economy (governments) now compete for peoples wealth. Wealth is liquidious (with BTC) and will flow to the path of least resistance…countries will compete for your wealth within their borders.
When a tool is banned, it doesn't stop being a tool. People who recognize the value of the tool will continue using it. The government might even change its mind.

For example, consider the war on drugs. Cannabis, MDMA, Psilocybin were banned but people kept using them. Now the science is catching up and it turns out that the war on drugs needlessly extended the suffering of millions of people with chronic pain, PTSD, and depression.
Jack Jones
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Jack Jones » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:18 am

boglerdude wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:36 pm
If Russia went big on bitcoin, what would the west do about it
I'm not sure. It's interesting that Senators like Cynthia Lummis and Ted Cruz are going to bat for Bitcoin even though many of us expect it to replace the $USD as the world's reserve currency.