mathjak's daytrading adventures

A place to talk about speculative investing ideas for the optional Variable Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: mathjak's daytrading adventures

Post by vnatale » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:56 pm

Smith1776 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:45 pm
Am I the only one around here not married? :o
Not to any humans but to 18 pets.

I am quite happy not to live with any humans but it'd be absolutely deadly to not be living with any animals, especially the supreme animals of the world - cats.

Vinny
"I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:57 pm

Smith1776 wrote:
Nope, there are three of us.
There are several thousand nearly complete viral genomes integrated into the human genome, most now inert or missing a crucial gene. These account for 1.3% of the entire genome. That may not sound like much, but 'proper' genes account for only 3%. If you think being descended from apes is bad for your self-esteem, then get used to the idea that you are also descended from viruses.
Ridley, Genome
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:27 pm

I have always been a grass is greener on the other side kind of person.

When I'm in a relationship I envy single people. When I'm single I envy those in relationships.
e + 1 = 0
Check out the Gold Smith Portfolio: https://www.gyroscopicinvesting.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9613
Remember to watch National Treasure at least once per year to maintain your forum membership.
VVL is Ben Graham in a box.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:35 pm

Smith1776 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:27 pm

When I'm in a relationship I envy single people. When I'm single I envy those in relationships.
I don’t envy those just starting to date in the #metoo era. There are some good things coming out of #metoo, obviously. It will be harder to get away with Harvey Weinstein crimes, especially over so many years. But, I think it was easier to be a teenager in the 80s, or even 90s.

There are days that I envy the simplicity and peace of the single. Those days are sometimes followed by nights where I sleep downstairs. O0
Gold has breached US$1600/oz
If you have a Fidelity account, you may have some new 30-year treasury interest as of Saturday (Vanguard bond interest is usually late, and still hasn’t shown up).
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:19 pm

dualstow wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:35 pm
Smith1776 wrote:

I don’t envy those just starting to date in the #metoo era. There are some good things coming out of #metoo, obviously. It will be harder to get away with Harvey Weinstein crimes, especially over so many years. But, I think it was easier to be a teenager in the 80s, or even 90s.

There are days that I envy the simplicity and peace of the single. Those days are sometimes followed by nights where I sleep downstairs. O0
When I get married, people from this forum would definitely be invited to attend. ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

It's a promise I know I can keep, because in order to follow through a woman would first have to agree to marry me. 8)
e + 1 = 0
Check out the Gold Smith Portfolio: https://www.gyroscopicinvesting.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9613
Remember to watch National Treasure at least once per year to maintain your forum membership.
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pugchief » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:29 pm

vnatale wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:56 pm
Smith1776 wrote:

I am quite happy not to live with any humans but it'd be absolutely deadly to not be living with any animals, especially the supreme animals of the world - cats.

Vinny
You sound like the male version of a crazy cat lady!
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pugchief » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:31 pm

dualstow wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:35 pm
Smith1776 wrote:

Ah, yes. Once was indeed enough. Bookmarking this page in case I ever lose my mind and think about marrying again.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:38 pm

pugchief wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:29 pm
vnatale wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:56 pm
Smith1776 wrote:

Vinny
You sound like the male version of a crazy cat lady!
Only 3 of the 18 are cats. I've set my house limit at 3 cats (unless a Siamese or Tonkinese comes around. Then I'd make an exception to add one more). All the others are rodents. And, all, including the cats, are low maintenance.

Vinny
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:41 pm

Smith1776 wrote:

Brings to memory a few lines I decades ago heard a Pastor use in a sermon: "Marriage is like flies and a screen. Those on the outside want to get in while those on the inside want to get out."

Also, remember what my cousin said even decades and decades before that: "I'd rather wish for the rest of my life for what I did not have than to wish for the rest of my life that I did not have what I do have."

Vinny
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:07 pm

vnatale wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:41 pm
Smith1776 wrote:

Brings to memory a few lines I decades ago heard a Pastor use in a sermon: "Marriage is like flies and a screen. Those on the outside want to get in while those on the inside want to get out."

Also, remember what my cousin said even decades and decades before that: "I'd rather wish for the rest of my life for what I did not have than to wish for the rest of my life that I did not have what I do have."

Vinny
I think what I really need is a harem. ^-^
e + 1 = 0
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:14 pm

Smith1776 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:07 pm

I think what I really need is a harem. ^-^
Well you’re in the right country, as it’ll be legal soon-
I’m kidding, just kidding.
I like Canada and wouldn’t want to live in a world without Rush’s 2112.
Gold has breached US$1600/oz
If you have a Fidelity account, you may have some new 30-year treasury interest as of Saturday (Vanguard bond interest is usually late, and still hasn’t shown up).
HappyMan

Post by HappyMan » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:23 pm

vnatale wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:38 pm

Only 3 of the 18 are cats. I've set my house limit at 3 cats (unless a Siamese or Tonkinese comes around. Then I'd make an exception to add one more). All the others are rodents. And, all, including the cats, are low maintenance.

Vinny
Pics?