Marc De Messel Portfolio

A place to talk about speculative investing ideas for the optional Variable Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

ILoveMoney

Marc De Messel Portfolio

Postby ILoveMoney » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:33 am

If you guys remember Marc. He used to have a PP blog for the Dutch folks. He has removed it since regretfully (for reasons I'm not aware of).

I was surprised when someone pointed me to his Youtube channel. He seems to be involved in Crypto now (as he was back in the day).

Not sure if he did a 11k bitcoin party as he did when bitcoin hit 1k because he seems to have sold them at the start of this year. He's driving a Lambo though so he can't have done too bad over the past few years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWBqgMPkeWI

Marc, if you are reading this congrats on your success. Hope you can drop in and post a few lines on how you are doing. I'm sure the community would love an update of your amazing achievements.
frugal
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Marc De Messel Portfolio

Postby frugal » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:27 pm

Yes sure he will come!

Very nice guy and intelligent he is.

Regards :)
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member

Postby pugchief » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:02 pm

ILoveMoney wrote:If you guys remember Marc. He used to have a PP blog for the Dutch folks. He has removed it since regretfully (for reasons I'm not aware of).

I'm pretty sure he was Belgian, not Dutch. Not that it matters. Except maybe to him. ???
ILoveMoney

Postby ILoveMoney » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:53 pm

pugchief wrote:
ILoveMoney wrote:If you guys remember Marc. He used to have a PP blog for the Dutch folks. He has removed it since regretfully (for reasons I'm not aware of).

I'm pretty sure he was Belgian, not Dutch. Not that it matters. Except maybe to him. ???

Sorry for any confusion caused. I should have picked a more suitable term. I meant Dutch speaking, didn't mean to imply he's from the Netherlands (as he's from Belgium). Anyhow, thanks for pointing that out. :)
Austen Heller
Executive Member
Executive Member

Postby Austen Heller » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:08 pm

Damn, that's awesome. When you're posting videos from your Lambo, you know you have done OK.

Marc was awesome to have bequeathed some bitcoins to some of us a few years back. What an awesome guy! He gave me 0.1 bitcoin, which was worth about $30 at the time. I didn't know what to do with it, but then I discovered I could use it to buy stuff of "questionable legality" on the internet. Damn I wish I hadn't spent it! It would be worth more than $100 now! An excellent gift from an internet stranger.
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Postby stuper1 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:44 am

You mean it would be worth more than $1,000 now. Just for those who haven't noticed the incredible spike in bitcoin prices lately.

I bought $300 worth of bitcoin a while back, and now it's worth over $3,000. I should probably cash it in, but I can't stop wondering whether bitcoin might go to $100,000, in which case I would really kick myself. Any advice from anyone?
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Postby dualstow » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:48 pm

Yes, that 0.1 (or 0,1 for you Europeans) is now worth over 1k as Stuper said.

I tried to buy gold with mine but ran into a tiny snag this week. Password doesn’t work. This is the equivalent of a boating accident. Maybe someday after I’ve turned to dust, some A.I.s with quantum computer brains will recover it.

I think it’s just one D, isn’t it? de Mesel.
inflation is now 2.2%
Don

Postby Don » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:00 pm

dualstow wrote:Yes, that 0.1 (or 0,1 for you Europeans) is now worth over 1k as Stuper said.

I tried to buy gold with mine but ran into a tiny snag this week. Password doesn’t work. This is the equivalent of a boating accident. Maybe someday after I’ve turned to dust, some A.I.s with quantum computer brains will recover it.

I think it’s just one D, isn’t it? de Mesel.

Haha! What good is a new-age currency if you can't access it or cash it out?
ILoveMoney

Postby ILoveMoney » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:08 am

dualstow wrote:I think it’s just one D, isn’t it? de Mesel.

You're right. Shame on me. Can't edit the post anymore.

What do you mean your password doesn't work and what type of wallet do you have?

@Stuper 1: To those who got free bitcoin, my advise would be to hold for another 4 years. One 'respected' crypto newsletters in particular has upped the recommend buy up price of bitcoin to 25k. Short term price movement don't matter (even if it goes back to 4k).

NOTE: Can a mod please fix the title: Marc De Mesel Portfolio
Last edited by ILoveMoney on Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Postby flyingpylon » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:30 am

Let this be a lesson:

I bought a couple bitcoins around 2013 at about $100. Watched BTC spike up over $1000 and then crater. So then in late 2016 when it spiked again I sold them at around $700 to help pay for an electric bike I was building. Boy, was I feeling smug about my practically free electric bike! Of course now I still love my bike but I’m feeling like it was really really expensive... :o
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Postby Kriegsspiel » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:50 am

More about the electric bike please.
frugal
Executive Member
Executive Member

Postby frugal » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:46 pm

Marc give away probably more than