General Discussion on the Permanent Portfolio Strategy

Moderator: Global Moderator

Don
Executive Member
Executive Member

Time

Post by Don »

I
Last edited by Don on Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Time For TLT and Gold To Shine?

Post by pmward »

I don't personally believe or trust a word anyone on CNBC says, and especially not anyone named "chartmaster" lol. TLT and gold have perked up on the charts lately, but there's a lot of economic and political uncertainty and fear around the globe that all seems to be coming to a head so I can't say anyone should be surprised by this. There's also a strangely popular opinion out there that the Fed will actually cut rates later this year, so a lot of speculators are placing some short term bets on long term treasuries. I know I'm not personally surprised at all by gold and TLT perking up short term. Long term, I wish I knew what was going to work in the future, but everything can change on a dime. Generally speaking, tomorrows biggest losers are today's biggest winners and vice versa. Though how long today lasts is anyone's guess? If I were to speculate I would say that stocks had a hell of a last decade, and typically a strong decade for equities is usually followed by a weak decade. But then again a lot of people said that in the late 80's / early 90's and look what wound up happening there. So who knows?