General Discussion on the Permanent Portfolio Strategy

Moderator: Global Moderator

Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Resurrecting Crawling Road

Post by Smith1776 »

Hello everyone.

I realize that someone has purchased the domain for Craig's old blog. However, I am thinking of "carrying the torch" and continue blogging about the Permanent Portfolio via the Canadian analog of address at www d0t crawlingroad d0t ca. It may have a slight Canadian bent to it, but otherwise be universal.

I was thinking of using it as a platform for not just blogging about the latest performance figures and news for the portfolio, but also using it as a repository for resources. These would include books, video, audio, Harry Browne's original content, recommended ETFs, random thoughts on the portfolio, variable portfolio ideas, and pretty much everything PP related.

Do you guys have thoughts or recommendations as to what would make for a good sort of "crawling road 2.0"?
💻 DITM 📚
🛞 www.allterraininvesting.com 🛞
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Resurrecting Crawling Road

Post by stuper1 »

My suggestion would be to use a different domain name that sounds like it has to do with Harry Browne's Permanent Portfolio. More people will probably find it that way.
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy »

Craig chose the name "Crawling Road" for his personal blog (not just PP topics) as it is an anagram of Craig Rowland. Personally, I think it would be presumptive to use that name without at least checking in with him.
geaux saints

Post by geaux saints »

Wonderful idea. I agree with mark on the name, though.
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 »

Thank you for the feedback, guys. I will not use the name Crawling Road then, since the there seems to be consensus on that aspect. I will post back with a basic outline of what I think the site's content will be like. Definitely looking forward to this project. O0
💻 DITM 📚
🛞 www.allterraininvesting.com 🛞