In a small country (Sweden) that has severe limitations, what is the "next best" to Permanent Portfolio?

General Discussion on the Permanent Portfolio Strategy

Moderator: Global Moderator

AnotherSwede

Re: In a small country (Sweden) that has severe limitations, what is the "next best" to Permanent Portfolio?

Post by AnotherSwede » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:44 am

I just went to minpension.se and did a government approved pension prognosis.

If I go at 65 I will get 50.4% of what I earnt last year. This has been dropping like a rock from 65-70% not many years ago.
AnotherSwede

Re: In a small country (Sweden) that has severe limitations, what is the "next best" to Permanent Portfolio?

Post by AnotherSwede » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:17 pm

So, Xetra-Gold and ETFS Physical Swiss Gold is recommended now.

https://rikatillsammans.se/ombalanserin ... ljen-2018/
eldrinsson

Post by eldrinsson » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:16 am

AnotherSwede wrote:So, Xetra-Gold and ETFS Physical Swiss Gold is recommended now.

https://rikatillsammans.se/ombalanserin ... ljen-2018/
Yes, seems so. I'm still thinking that when my portfolio is big enough, physical gold and EFTs for balancing reasons might be the way to go for me.

How did you have yours?
-
"No one goes there nowadays, it’s too crowded." - Yogi Berra
AnotherSwede

Post by AnotherSwede » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:06 am

eldrinsson wrote: How did you have yours?
About 75% GLD ETF, 25% physical.

I am thinking about maybe doing kind of euro/global Golden butterfly, inspired by rikatillsammans. Seems likely to beat mortgage interest over 3-5 years.

75% equity is starting to affect sleeping, at least during the day ;)
juandelarocha

Post by juandelarocha » Thu May 31, 2018 12:55 pm

AnotherSwede wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:28 am
Current crop of 65-70-year olds has been able to retire on 70-80% of salary and have enjoyed at least 5x real house price increase. House bought with no money down so that is infinite return on investment.

There is limitations on taking out pension outside of europe I think. And Spain/Portugal that used to be a popular place to retire at (until old age forced them home to enjoy free health care) is not that much cheaper anymore.

You sure about that? I live in Spain, my parents own a house in Costa del Sol -a place full of swedes and norwegians- and most of them live the whole year in Spain. Most of them too suffer from different diseases and are totally covered in Spanish hospitals for free due to European and bi-lateral agreements regarding health insurance (as well as when any given European gets ill and can be covered in any given European hospital for free).

-sorry for the offtopic-

Regarding gold, I went for Xetra Gold. Seems to be the most safe and easy solution to cover that part of the permanent portfolio. In terms of Bonds, why don't you try the 2046 German bond? To me has been working fine during the las 5 years...
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Thu May 31, 2018 1:48 pm

juandelarocha wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 12:55 pm
I live in Spain, my parents own a house in Costa del Sol
Looks absolutely beautiful.
-sorry for the offtopic-
Oops, me too.
Sam Bankman-Fried sentenced to 25 years