General Discussion on the Permanent Portfolio Strategy

Moderator: Global Moderator

Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: PP FORUM STAYING -- details here

Post by Smith1776 »

vnatale wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:52 pm
Xan wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:49 pm Thanks for the kudos, everyone! Craig should get most of the credit.

As far as making contributions, I had previously suggested that (at least for now) anybody wishing to donate should do so according to Craig's wishes, and then he replied that donating to your local Meals on Wheels would be a good thing to do. So if you'd like to donate something, please do so that way.
Thanks to Craig for all he did up to the transition and thanks to Xan for making possible a transition by
accepting the responsibilities and costs of keeping this forum going.

VInny
For posterity's sake... I'm also 100% down for taking on any responsibilities in the future to make sure this forum stays active over time.

Hosting, admin, moderation, etc.!

There's a treasure trove of information on this forum that can't really be found anywhere else. Also, between this forum and the massive Bogleheads thread, it's a breadcrumb trail that details the evolution of the HBPP philosophy.

Also, small vent -- Taylor Larimore shut down the massive Bogleheads thread in part because the topic had been "talked to death". His Three Fund Portfolio thread has looooong run past that point and is still active. ::)
MM
Ruby on Rails rules all
www.allterraininvesting.com
InsuranceGuy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by InsuranceGuy »

[deleted]
Last edited by InsuranceGuy on Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

InsuranceGuy wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:26 pm
Smith1776 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:27 pm Also, small vent -- Taylor Larimore shut down the massive Bogleheads thread in part because the topic had been "talked to death". His Three Fund Portfolio thread has looooong run past that point and is still active. ::)
This is a common theme at the BH forums sadly. Many there, including Taylor Larimore, have created a little bit of an echoing chamber which makes it difficult to discuss alternative investing ideas such as the HBPP.
I'm a "wide net" person so I appreciate the extremely light moderator touch here which leads to little intervention and no actions as described above.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."