New PP Position- Is my Timing Bad?

General Discussion on the Permanent Portfolio Strategy

Moderator: Global Moderator

Gumby
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: New PP Position- Is my Timing Bad?

Post by Gumby »

I only see about a 1.5% difference in the PP between the "peak" (on April 28) and yesterday's close. Not exactly a life-changing difference, but I'm glad you're feeling more comfortable about purchasing your PP. Welcome aboard.
Last edited by Gumby on Tue May 17, 2011 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing I say should be construed as advice or expertise. I am only sharing opinions which may or may not be applicable in any given case.
MediumTex
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MediumTex »

hrux wrote: I am glad I waited and did not buy at the peak.  When not 1 but 2 asset classes are at a peak that is a sign for patience.  Plan to join the club tomorrow andp hoping for further weakness
Heather,

Does this mean that you are putting additional funds into you PP, or is this your friend's account?
Q: “Do you have funny shaped balloons?”
A: “Not unless round is funny.”
hrux

Post by hrux »

MediumTex wrote:
hrux wrote: I am glad I waited and did not buy at the peak.  When not 1 but 2 asset classes are at a peak that is a sign for patience.  Plan to join the club tomorrow andp hoping for further weakness
Heather,

Does this mean that you are putting additional funds into you PP, or is this your friend's account?
FYI- This is for my friend's account.  My personal account has a very minor position in the PP with the majority still with my advisor and the varying strategies previously disclosed.  I still believe in the merits of strategy diversification versus going "all in" to the PP.
hrux

Post by hrux »

Adam1226 wrote:
hrux wrote: I am glad I waited and did not buy at the peak.  When not 1 but 2 asset classes are at a peak that is a sign for patience. 
Which two asset classes are at their peak?

To clarify at the time of my consideration both gold and stocks were at their 52 week highs (stocks were not at their all time high).
AdamA
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by AdamA »

hrux wrote:
Adam1226 wrote:
hrux wrote: I am glad I waited and did not buy at the peak.  When not 1 but 2 asset classes are at a peak that is a sign for patience. 
Which two asset classes are at their peak?

So you predict gold and stocks have peaked?

To clarify at the time of my consideration both gold and stocks were at their 52 week highs (stocks were not at their all time high).
"All men's miseries derive from not being able to sit in a quiet room alone."

Pascal