Is The Big Crash Coming?

General Discussion on the Permanent Portfolio Strategy

Moderator: Global Moderator

Reub
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3158
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:44 pm

Re: Is The Big Crash Coming?

Post by Reub » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:45 pm

So staitng one's opinion without having the inclination to defend it to those who are incalcitrant is considered trolling? Good to know!
User avatar
ochotona
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3177
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:54 am

Re: Is The Big Crash Coming?

Post by ochotona » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:38 pm

The thread drift is amazing
User avatar
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 10054
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:31 am

Re: Is The Big Crash Coming?

Post by MachineGhost » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:02 pm

Reub wrote:So staitng one's opinion without having the inclination to defend it to those who are incalcitrant is considered trolling? Good to know!
Opinions are worthless. Like assholes.
"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!
User avatar
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 10637
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:18 am
Contact:

Re: Is The Big Crash Coming?

Post by dualstow » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:13 pm

MachineGhost wrote:
Reub wrote:So staitng one's opinion without having the inclination to defend it to those who are incalcitrant is considered trolling? Good to know!
Opinions are worthless. Like assholes.
Um, I don't think that's how the saying goes. ??? :D
NYC apartment vacancies hit record high — CNBC
Jo Jorgensen was once Harry Browne’s running mate
https://i.redd.it/duyx586wc6g51.jpg (Wyoming)
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 557
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:04 am

Re: Is The Big Crash Coming?

Post by flyingpylon » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:18 pm

MachineGhost wrote:
Reub wrote:So staitng one's opinion without having the inclination to defend it to those who are incalcitrant is considered trolling? Good to know!
Opinions are worthless. Like assholes.
Now I know you're really full of sh*t!

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)
User avatar
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 10054
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:31 am

Re: Is The Big Crash Coming?

Post by MachineGhost » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:50 pm

An opinion is a belief backed up by bullshit.

I try to rarely have any opnions about anything. Read my signature.
"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!
User avatar
IDrinkBloodLOL
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:19 am

Re: Is The Big Crash Coming?

Post by IDrinkBloodLOL » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:27 pm

Reub wrote:So staitng one's opinion without having the inclination to defend it to those who are incalcitrant is considered trolling? Good to know!
Based on realistic observation of what people call trolling, I'd say the real definition of trolling is "saying things people don't like."

This place is more forgiving than most, but you go on most forums and post an opinion not airable on nightly news segments and you are immediately accused of "trolling," then if you attempt to defend your ideas you're punished for "repeated trolling."

The only common denominator is that normal, media watching, alcohol & fast food consuming, social media posting, tablet using people do not like it. Like I said, this place is better than most, but what I described has been the internet status quo since roughly 2005.
User avatar
Xan
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2699
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: Is The Big Crash Coming?

Post by Xan » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:10 pm

MachineGhost wrote:I try to rarely have any opnions about anything.
What!? You have an opinion about EVERYTHING. Usually at least one. Often contradictory.
Reub
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3158
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:44 pm

Re: Is The Big Crash Coming?

Post by Reub » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:46 pm

MachineGhost has facts. Only facts. If you disagree then that's an opinion. That's a fact!
User avatar
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 10054
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:31 am

Re: Is The Big Crash Coming?

Post by MachineGhost » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:11 pm

Here's a fact: many, many people do not get my sarcasm.
"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!
User avatar
buddtholomew
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 2098
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: Is The Big Crash Coming?

Post by buddtholomew » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:26 am

MachineGhost wrote:Here's a fact: many, many people do not get my sarcasm.
Sarcasm is just a way to cover your a$$ if you are wrong.
Thomas Hoog
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 176
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:33 am

Re: Is The Big Crash Coming?

Post by Thomas Hoog » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:59 am

MachineGhost wrote:A crash? Give me a break you Chicken Littles.

A crash is when you lose almost 30% in a day aka October 19 ,1987.

That's probably gonna happen if Trump wins the election.
That I remember; I started investing on October 12, 1987 with $ 10.000,- gift from my mother. I lost $ 3000 that day and i phoned my mother. She said: Good, you first lesson!. Now I own a muliplier of 70, so it was a good lesson.
Post Reply