Announcing: The Permanent Portfolio Slack Channel

General Discussion on the Permanent Portfolio Strategy

Moderator: Global Moderator

bitcoininthevp
Executive Member
Executive Member

Announcing: The Permanent Portfolio Slack Channel

Post by bitcoininthevp »

Ive created a Slack chat room for our Permanent Portfolio community with signup form here:

https://permanentportfolioslack.herokuapp.com/

After signup (free, just need an email address), you can login here:

https://permanentportfolio.slack.com

Ive setup rooms for bonds, cash, gold, stocks but we can add more as you all see fit. If you have not used Slack before, its a great tool for teams as well as communities. Give it a shot!

I think the forum is great and dont see the Slack channel as a replacement but just another option to discuss short form/chat/news topics.

I am not affiliated with anyone or anything, just trying to contribute.
bitcoininthevp
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Announcing: The Permanent Portfolio Slack Channel

Post by bitcoininthevp »

TennPaGa wrote:Why should I sign up with (assuming your description is accurate) something that is essentially a copy of what already exists here?
Slack is more of a real time chat. Forums are (usually) longer form and less timely. Txt message vs email might be an analogy.

Try it out if you are curious!
bitcoininthevp
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by bitcoininthevp »

There are other finance/investing Slack channels out there, thought PP could use its own. Here are examples of others:

https://www.hamsterpad.com/chats/finance
l82start
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by l82start »

i love seeing people making the effort to expand the community and its options, but i am wondering if you noticed the new forum software came with a chat center (check out the link in the bar up above)...
-Government 2020+ - a BANANA REPUBLIC - if you can keep it

-Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence
l82start
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by l82start »

i don't expect it to fire up unless there are meets about to happen or we have a major news event unfolding real time, we just don't seem to attract the chat about the weather and ballgames social media type personalities very much... to many INTJ's interested in the more in depth discussions the forum already provides for...
-Government 2020+ - a BANANA REPUBLIC - if you can keep it

-Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence
buddtholomew
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by buddtholomew »

Its unclear to me why so many are pushing Slack as the "be all, save all" chat application.
We recently migrated from Skype to Slack and honestly there is absolutely no difference.
Skype supported iPhone calls whereas Slack currently doesn't, so to date its under-performing our previous solution.
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by MachineGhost »

buddtholomew wrote:Its unclear to me why so many are pushing Slack as the "be all, save all" chat application.
We recently migrated from Skype to Slack and honestly there is absolutely no difference.
Skype supported iPhone calls whereas Slack currently doesn't, so to date its under-performing our previous solution.
It's the new, new thing.
"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!