2014 PP performance

General Discussion on the Permanent Portfolio Strategy

Moderator: Global Moderator

MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: 2014 PP performance

Post by MachineGhost »

Reub wrote: Enough with 2014. How is 2015 looking so far? :)
Typical January pullback in stocks so far.  Nothing abnormal.  All sytems nominal.
"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie »

I Shrugged wrote: I only got 5.6%.  My stocks are split roughly 50-50 US-Intl.  And I have a good chunk of foreign bond exposure too. 

It seemed like a good idea at the time, lol.
That sounds like an awful lot of international & currency risk, which is meandering a bit far past the boundaries of the PP.  Are you outside the US?
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch." -- Benjamin Franklin
Dieter
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Dieter »

My PP-ish did 7.1% in 2014; started 2014 at roughly 13% "Cash" (STB), 20% Gold, 25% LTT, 42% Stock (~40% of Stock Intl), with a bit of tinkering to get to this allocation, which is more PP-ish than late 2013.... (in an IRA, won't touch for many years, and doesn't include my emergency fund, which partly the diff from pure PP....)

Rebalanced at start of 2015 to be around 8/25/25/42

0.3% YTD (through 1/6/15) according to Vanguard.... :)

Although tis early yet.