The thing I like best about PP...

General Discussion on the Permanent Portfolio Strategy

Moderator: Global Moderator

ns3
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: The thing I like best about PP...

Post by ns3 »

But back to the original subject of the thread ... The thing I like best about the PP......

When I read financial articles telling me I need to buy this or that, or sell this or that because of either dire trouble ahead or else the opportunity of a lifetime not to be missed, I can pay it no mind because I know I have all the bases covered. I think it actually takes a while for this to sink in (took me about 3 years) but I think I've finally gotten the simplicity of it.
Stewardship
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: The thing I like best about PP...

Post by Stewardship »

Yes, I wish I'd made the title of this thread "What do you like best about PP?" because I'd like to see others' responses.

To expand on my OP a little, to see the type of people elected into office, the typical voter, even the Pope who thinks free markets are the cause of poverty... I'm glad that they're all irrelevant as far as my portfolio is concerned.  Nothing they can do can breach the PP's synergy.  Yes, they can and do tax it, but PP is also tax-efficient so it protects you in that way too.

Thank you, HB!  And Mr. Roland & Mr. Lawson, I can't wait to read your book.  It should be in my mailbox any day now...
In a world of ever-increasing financial intangibility and government imposition, I tend to expect otherwise.