General Discussion on the Permanent Portfolio Strategy

Moderator: Global Moderator

Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

How The PP and HB's Philosophy May Have Saved My Life

Post by Smith1776 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:38 pm

Hey all,

You guys know about my harrowing and dramatic experience of the past couple of months. I've been reflecting back on how the PP philosophy and Harry Browne's golden rules of financial safety have helped me weather this storm.

First, the PP itself has stewarded my wealth through several years of market turbulence and has kept me secure and confident till today. I always know I can rely on the PP to safeguard my wealth pretty well no matter what happens. I haven't been working proper for a couple of months. Thanks to this portfolio I've been able to fall back on a bed of savings that has prevented me from falling into financial destitution.

Next, the golden rules. The final rule in particular has really hit home: "Whenever you're in doubt about a course of action, it is always better to err on the side of safety." This rule has always encouraged me to save, not gamble, not speculate, and not be overly confident that my wealth can ever be replaced. As such, when I truly needed the money to save myself with, it was there.

HB's ideas have been all about providing stability, safety, and simplicity in an uncertain world. I feel like the past couple months of my life have put his ideas to the test, and they have passed with flying colours. The true test of a robust idea is when you take the biggest hammer you possibly can to it and it survives. HB was truly ahead of his time.

Thanks for your time, everyone!
I still find the James Rickards portfolio fascinating.
ppnewbie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: How The PP and HB's Philosophy May Have Saved My Life

Post by ppnewbie » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:02 am

I appreciate your insights. Very helpful.