Great Reset and PP

General Discussion on the Permanent Portfolio Strategy

Moderator: Global Moderator

jason
Executive Member
Executive Member

Great Reset and PP

Post by jason » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:48 am

So the establishment has been talking about the need for a Great Reset. And now this appears in the Financial Times. They are talking about canceling all government debt worldwide. That means that treasuries would go to zero, right? Could this really happen?

Time for a great reset of the financial system
https://archive.is/Fwkuq
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Great Reset and PP

Post by pp4me » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:49 pm

That article has a link to another article that answers your question....
Sorry, but debt forgiveness is not going to happen...

https://archive.is/NXtGW
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Great Reset and PP

Post by I Shrugged » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:59 pm

Eurotrash nonsense written by a World Improver. (Topics like this make me glad we are not on Bogleheads.)

So, we should do something that would kill life insurance companies, investors, and pension funds. BUT, we will then bail them out with our super duper new money. Created from....? In other words, all of our governments and central banks have screwed up royally, and we are headed down the toilet. So now, let's get them all together to come up with the solution. One that doesn't involve more production or more taxes. What kind of fairy tale is this? One that screws disfavored people and rewards favored ones. So treasuries might go to zero but if you are part of the right crowd, your treasuries will be replaced with Great Reset Bonds. C'mon man!

I mean, we ARE headed towards something like this. More likely just MMT since we are almost there already. Goddamn, reading stuff like this makes me want to BUY MORE EFFING GOLD! So I guess that is my comment on how to position your PP for it. :)