Portfolio Charts 5 Year Anniversary

General Discussion on the Permanent Portfolio Strategy

Moderator: Global Moderator

Kevin K.
Executive Member
Executive Member

Portfolio Charts 5 Year Anniversary

Post by Kevin K. »

I imagine many who post here are on the Portfolio Charts email list, but for those who aren't I thought I'd this new post:

https://portfoliocharts.com/2020/07/21/ ... the-cause/

I'm feeling a lot of gratitude lately for a bunch of related things: Harry Browne's genius, Mssrs. Rowland & Lawson for carrying his work forward, Tyler for launching the work of the aforementioned parties into hyperspace, and (last not least) this board for being such a wonderful resource and bulwark of sanity in these especially challenging times.

I've had at least a dozen friends who are freaking out about their finances and investments ask me for help in the past few months and it is so cool to be able to direct them to both this site and Tyler's recent posts about portfolios for recessionary times on his site. Seeing their eyes light up when they realize there really are good alternatives to riding the Three Fund or 60:40 rollercoaster is delightful.

Congratulations above all to Tyler for turning Portfolio Charts into perhaps the single most valuable finance site on the web!
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Portfolio Charts 5 Year Anniversary

Post by Xan »

Congratulations Tyler! It's a great site that's useful to many. Thanks for pointing this out, Kevin.
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by mathjak107 »

Thanks for all your work
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy »

Here, here.
Tyler's work is so scary good that I wonder how anyone can be that much smarter than me :)
Tyler
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tyler »

Mark Leavy wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:05 pm Here, here.
Tyler's work is so scary good that I wonder how anyone can be that much smarter than me :)
I don't know about that. There's spreadsheet smarts, and then there's pack your life in a single backpack smarts. I feel like I still have much to learn. ;)

Thanks, guys! Portfolio Charts wouldn't be what it is without this forum, and I appreciate you all.
drumminj
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by drumminj »

Congrats and thanks, Tyler!
senecaaa

Post by senecaaa »

Thanks Tyler! I discovered your site about a year ago and learned a ton. Fully invested in an EU/US GB portfolio. Sailed smooth through the corona dip!
Hal
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Hal »

Likewise, thanks Tyler.

A great modelling tool which doesn't ignore us "Non-USA'ians" :D
Aussie GoldSmithPP - 25% PMGOLD, 75% VDCO
Kevin K.
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kevin K. »

Kevin K. wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:16 am I imagine many who post here are on the Portfolio Charts email list, but for those who aren't I thought I'd share this new post:

https://portfoliocharts.com/2020/07/21/ ... the-cause/

I'm feeling a lot of gratitude lately for a bunch of related things: Harry Browne's genius, Mssrs. Rowland & Lawson for carrying his work forward, Tyler for launching the work of the aforementioned parties into hyperspace, and (last not least) this board for being such a wonderful resource and bulwark of sanity in these especially challenging times.

I've had at least a dozen friends who are freaking out about their finances and investments ask me for help in the past few months and it is so cool to be able to direct them to both this site and Tyler's recent posts about portfolios for recessionary times on his site. Seeing their eyes light up when they realize there really are good alternatives to riding the Three Fund or 60:40 rollercoaster is delightful.

Congratulations above all to Tyler for turning Portfolio Charts into perhaps the single most valuable finance site on the web!
ppnewbie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by ppnewbie »

Congratulations Tyler. Your site is so valuable!
Ugly_Bird
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Ugly_Bird »

Congratulations Tyler. And thank you so much!
modeljc
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by modeljc »

Ugly_Bird wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:40 pm Congratulations Tyler. And thank you so much!
For sure I'm a Tyler fan. I don't do sport figures or movie stars. But Tyler is rock solid.