Moderator: Global Moderator

Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Are you "staying the course"?

Post by Smith1776 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:13 am

vnatale wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:50 pm

Arnold S was a Republican, correct! Were you there when he was governor? If so, what was your evaluation of him? He had two terms? Love him as an actor. Just saw a great one of him the other night that was in total contrast to all his other roles. He'd lost his wife and daughter in a plane crash in this movie. No action hero in this one.

Vinny
If it was legal for him to be President he would have run.

Honestly, I think we would have won, too.
🛞 The All-Terrain Portfolio 🛞
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:38 am

Smith1776 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:13 am
vnatale wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:50 pm

Arnold S was a Republican, correct! Were you there when he was governor? If so, what was your evaluation of him? He had two terms? Love him as an actor. Just saw a great one of him the other night that was in total contrast to all his other roles. He'd lost his wife and daughter in a plane crash in this movie. No action hero in this one.

Vinny
If it was legal for him to be President he would have run.

Honestly, I think we would have won, too.
If so, I think he may have been the first Republican (maybe) presidential candidate I would have voted for if it was him or Biden.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
turbo8214
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by turbo8214 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:47 pm

pmward wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:59 pm
This month really reminds me of October 2008 personally, the way stocks, bonds, and gold are trading. I'm just waiting for the Lehman announcement, something like TSLA going under when it can't get the credit it needs to keep the lights on.
True. October is when the bottom dropped out. I just remember March being the bottom and it was just a weird feeling.
pmward wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:59 pm
As far as "increasing risk tolerance" of the PP have you looked at the Golden Butterfly? This is probably the most popular portfolio here, it's basically a PP with a 20% VP to small cap value.

Golden Butterfly: https://portfoliocharts.com/portfolio/golden-butterfly/
PP: https://portfoliocharts.com/portfolio/p ... portfolio/

You can also spice it up a bit more by cutting down on the cash. For instance I have 5% of the cash in REIT's currently. Tyler has 10% of the cash in REIT's. You could substitute all or part of the cash (or the small cap value bucket) for anything else you desire as well like emerging markets, international, trend following, commodities, whatever. There's some flexibility in the framework so long as you don't get too carried away.
Thanks for the recommendation, I will check it out!