Moderator: Global Moderator

mukramesh
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Safe Withdrawal Rate?

Post by mukramesh » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:22 pm

mathjak107 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:05 am
Dude... we get it. You don't need to go on this tirade for multiple huge posts in every single topic on this board omg :(
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:35 pm

mukramesh wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:22 pm
mathjak107 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:05 am
Dude... we get it. You don't need to go on this tirade for multiple huge posts in every single topic on this board omg :(
On the other hand, I'm someone who learns best by repetition. Plus, we all have choice here as to what we want to read or not read. Finally, I value whatever mathjak107 posts, which includes in whatever length he chooses and whenever he does so.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by mathjak107 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:59 pm

exactly ... don't like the post , don't read it .... there is a lot of information that can be shared here and food for thought, dude
mukramesh
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by mukramesh » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:15 pm

Vinny, not trying to offend anyone. It's just that mathjak107 has been a bit of a character on this forum and for a while and was quiet notorious for ruining MANY threads by dumping walls of text that were essentially bashing the permanent portfolio. The forum became almost unusable for a while solely due to his posts and abrasiveness.

We even created a special thread in 2015 to concentrate his efforts in one location -> viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7538

I actually thought he was banned after this and am surprised to see him around. I guess he's a bit calmer than he used to be...
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:19 pm

mukramesh wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:15 pm
Vinny, not trying to offend anyone. It's just that mathjak107 has been a bit of a character on this forum and for a while and was quiet notorious for ruining MANY threads by dumping walls of text that were essentially bashing the permanent portfolio. The forum became almost unusable for a while solely due to his posts and abrasiveness.

We even created a special thread in 2015 to concentrate his efforts in one location -> viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7538

I actually thought he was banned after this and am surprised to see him around. I guess he's a bit calmer than he used to be...
Thanks for the explanation.....and the proverbial...'rest of the story..."

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by mathjak107 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:25 am

;D except what i posted is not pp bashing here at all . it is facts and like i said the comment was unwelcomed and if you don't like the post or it is to long for your liking , don't read it
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:11 am

True, mathjak's been on his best behavior since being allowed back on the forum. Previously he was PP-bashing to the tune of multiple huge wall of text posts daily, that amounted to "all hail stock picking and market timing." There was some useful info in those text walls, but it wasn't worth my time to try to ferret them out. Some other good souls (like dualstow) did so, bless them.