I'm feeling some paralysis about new money

General Discussion on the Permanent Portfolio Strategy

Moderator: Global Moderator

ochotona
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: I'm feeling some paralysis about new money

Post by ochotona » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:45 am

New money coming... lump sum pension payment... and I'm getting the same paralysis.

Money doesn't come until December... maybe some of the markets will break up or down by then...
pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pmward » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:31 am

ochotona wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:45 am
New money coming... lump sum pension payment... and I'm getting the same paralysis.

Money doesn't come until December... maybe some of the markets will break up or down by then...
Yeah I think it's likely that we are going to have another volatile Q4, so you may get a perfect buying opportunity. FWIW I was nervous about my big lump sum in early June, and I've actually been doing quite well since then. Gold was the asset I was lowest on at the time, so that got the largest chunk of cash, and that lot is up a bit over 15% today.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:28 pm

ochotona wrote:

December feels like a long way away.
Sam Bankman-Fried sentenced to 25 years
ochotona
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by ochotona » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:35 pm

dualstow wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:28 pm
ochotona wrote:

December feels like a long way away.
I think I will tilt my allocation to 15% gold. It was ten, grew to twelve all by itself, I'm going push it up some more. I never thought debt and deficit would be this bad *before* a recession, nor that we'd be looking at zero interest rates again.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:47 am

Maddy wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:27 am
I hate to break it to you, guys, but this month I took the plunge and moved substantially toward the PP. This means, of course, that the PP will cease to work for the first time. Just thought I'd warn ya.
Now nearly five months later what is your assessment of your decision to move "substantially toward the PP"?

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."